Chapter 13: Unexpected Visitors

You know how you feel when you exercised and you wake up the next day in pain? Yeah, imagine that, but five times worse.

Because that is how I feel at the moment.

The morning after a day of exercise is always the hardest. And it didn't help that we had to be at music class in two hours. As always, I wake up before anyone else. I go to my bag and look for something to wear. Once picked, I strip out of my baggy shirt that I slept in and into bra. I walk to the bathroom, hoping to get my face sorted before putting anything else on.

Just before I close the door, I hear a bed creak. I don't check to see who it is. I close the door. Instantly I froze. There, in front of me, was another one of my biggest fears.

"Holy fu-"

"Hey Ken," I hear Olive say as she enters the bathroom, "anything..." Her voice trails off when she sees the intruder. "Holy sh-"

"Guys," I hear Guilianna say next. She stumbles into the bathroom. "I need to pee, like right..." Same as Olive. She sees the intruder as well. "Holy crab cakes!" We stand there for a few seconds, face to face with the biggest black widow I've ever seen. And by Olive and Guilianna's expressions, I bet that it's the biggest they've ever seen too.

All it did was move a few millimeters and it send the three of us into a screaming mess. We run out of the cabin. Few seconds later, Melinda and Kelsy come running out too.

"What the hell is going on here?" Stacy asks, running up toward us. With her was Jodie and Ian.

"There is huge effing spider in there that has the power to kill us all in a day!" Guilianna says loudly. More people appear. I fold my arms over my body for some warmth in the now sudden cold temperature. I'm slightly confused as to way I was not feeling the material of my shirt and look down. I groan loudly at the realisation that I was still in a bra and a pair of shorts.

Stacy, being the bravest out of the counsellors, walks into the cabin. Jodie runs to me and covers me with a jacket. And Ian was just staring, like the rest of the camp. Pervert.

"There you are!" we hear Stacy call. The door flies open and Stacy comes out with the widow on her shoulder. "Did these girls hurt you? I hope they didn't." What the hell?

"Stacy! Keep that thing in it's cage!" Ian yells. "Next time it might bite one of the campers!" Stacy looks offended.

"She is not a thing. She is a tamed, trained pet that doesn't like cages," she says, defending her apparent pet spider. "Come on, Mrs Dandelion. We're going back home." Stacy walks to her cabin.

"Come on, let's get you guys back inside," Jodie says, just loud enough for us to hear. Ian turns toward the crowd.

"Okay, nothing to see here! Keep your little friends to yourself and go back to your cabins!" he orders. Some of the people groan and others laugh as they went back to their cabin.

Once inside, Jodie takes her jacket off of me and leaves.

"Okay Guilianna, you can go pee now," Olive says, turning to Guilianna. She shakes her head.

"That's okay. I don't need to anymore," she says, her voice sounding very agitated.

***

"People believe that most people that are from Texas or Tennessee sing country songs," Mister Gilbert says, sitting in one of the many rows of chairs, "but that is not necessarily true." He stands up and starts to walk around.

"Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez," he continues, lifting each of his fingers as he says their names, "What do they all have in common?" Everybody was silent. I look at Guilianna, who just shrugs. Olive does too "These ladies are all talented singers who sing songs like pop and rock. But they all came from Texas and Tennessee."