Chapter 8: The Damaged Prince

"After all the tests, it is confirmed that she has Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome, a syndrome in which the infected person vomits for a certain amount of time," she says. We wait for her to say something else, but she stays quiet and looks at everything but us.

"And?" Olive finally asks.

"She can die if left untreated," Guilianna says, her voice cracking at the end. Never underestimate someone in a Biology major. "Unfortunately, there is no known cure." Doctor Holmes finally looks at us again. Just when I thought Olive was going to be okay.

I slowly make my way out of the room. I wanted to think and get things in order.

"Ken?" I hear Olive call. I open the door and look at my friends.

"I'm going to walk around," I say softly.

"But Ken-"

"I'm just going for a walk! I'm not going to burn the entire planet down!" I snap at them. Without another word, I go out of the room, slamming the door shut on my way out. I go out of the building, not knowing where I'm going and hoping that I know how to get home. Once I was sure I was far enough, I let the freakin' emotion bomb explode. Getting everything out of my system is a good thing, right?

***

For the next two hours, my phone hasn't stopped ringing. It was all a call from Guilianna. Sort of like a way to get revenge when Elliot and I tried to call her. But, then again, I wasn't fooling around with her brother. I was just sitting in the park. A park that held many memories. I sat under the same tree where I had my first kiss.

It wasn't that romantic. We were nine and we were playing a game. You know, those role playing games that tell a whole story. He was the prince and I was a maid.

My phone rings again, causing me to jump out of my small flashback. I left my phone alone. If there was one thing I learned, it's to use your favourite song as your ringtone. That way, when you don't want to talk to someone, you can listen to your favourite song for twenty-five seconds. It was probably Guilianna again.

"Excuse me?" a high pitched voice said. I looked up and saw a little girl walking toward me. She was a bit older than Hanna.

"Hi," I say softly. She smiles brightly.

"You're really pretty," she says, "Me and my friends are playing a game. We need a magical, pretty princess. And you are very pretty, so can you be our princess?" I almost melt with the cuteness and adorableness. I consider it for a small time, the little girl leans back and forth, waiting for my answer. Few minutes down memory lane won't hurt, right?

"A few minutes wouldn't hurt," I say and stand up. My phone rings again. This time, instead of listening to Little Mix singing Secret Love song for the millionth time, I press the hang up button and silence my phone. The little girl leads me to a group of kids. She introduces each one of them to me.

"So, who will be my dashing prince?" I asked. The boys came and told me everything about themselves. The last one's name was Phillipe.

"So, tell me about yourself," I say. He shifts his weight from one foot to another.

"I have two bigger sisters. We live in a small house, but we love it. And I have a sickness," he says shyly.

"What sickness?" I ask. He looks at the ground.

"Mommy and Daddy calls it... cancer," he says, unsure of his answer, "but it's in my head." Brain cancer.

"How does it feel?" I ask, truly curious. He shrugs.

"I don't feel anything really," he says, "I still play outside, play my Xbox and play with my dogs. Nothing feels weird." He still has the strength to wake up every morning and play with his friends. And, by the looks of it, they accepted it.

Something I haven't done...

"That's good," I say. He smiles and walks back to the group of friends. The little girl, whose name is Robyn, comes running to me.

"Now you must choose a prince!" she says loudly, "before the witch steals them all!" I smile at her.

"After thinking long and hard, I have chosen my prince!" I announce. I look at Phillipe and smile. "Come over here, Prince Phillipe." He comes to me, smiling brightly. All of his friends clap their hands for him. I kneel down to my knees and hug him. He hugs back. I kiss his cheek as well. He was very surprised. His cheeks turned a bright red and he held his cheek.

The girls awed and the guys still clapped. They came and gave him high fives. One of the other girls come to us.

"We need to take the picture of the prince and the princess!" she announces, "But who shall do it?"

"Don't worry, sweetie," I say and take out my phone, "I'll handle it." I turn on the camera app and take a selfie with Phillipe. I stand up.

"I wish I could stay," I say, "but I need to go do something." They wave goodbye as I walked out of the park and back toward the hospital.

I look at my phone. Thrity missed calls. All from Guilianna. My phone rings again. This time, I answered. I'm amazed at her determination.

"Hey,"

"Kendall Alexandria Williams! Where the hell have you been? I've been trying to call you for two freakin' hours! We are worried sick! The least you could've done was tell us where the hell you're going so that we know your not going somewhere to... I don't know, smoke or use drugs or get wasted and sleep with a random dude who isn't even hot—"

"Guilianna!" I say loudly, interrupting her. She stays quiet, waiting for me to finish my sentence. "Calm down. I'm—"

"Calm down? Calm down?! You're telling me that I, Guilianna Ellen Ravis, to calm down! Haven't you learned that telling a person to calm down doesn't calm the down? I am not calm! I am—"

"Guilianna!" I scream into the phone. People start to stare at me like I was a psycho, but I didn't pay too much attention to them. "Shut up! I'm coming to the hospital now." She breathes a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness! I thought we were going to go insane!" she says.

"See you soon," I say. I hang up and keep on walking to the hospital.

___

Hi... hello... hey...

Not much to say other than sorry for the long update.

Adios Amigos
-Annika

I love llamas... okay bye...