Chapter 10: The Cursed Letter

"They said it'll be coming today," Guilianna says, lying on my bed while scrolling through Instagram on her phone. "Even Katie got her's before us!"

"Katie lives in Clarksville," Olive says and stops playing her piano to look at us. I was next to Guilianna, looking at her Instagram feeds.

"Then why did Ashley get her's? She lives in Nashville!" Guilianna points out. Olive shrugs.

"Maybe they're going in alphabetical order," I say. Guilianna looks at me.

"Ashley's surname is Jamieson. If they were going in alphabetical order, Olive would've had her's," Guilianna points out again. I roll my eyes and take her phone out of her hands to continue looking through the feeds. Guilianna huffs and looks at her phone. Olive continues to practice on her piano.

Guilianna's phone vibrated in my hands. A notification pops up on the screen.

One new message...

"Gimme!" Guilianna growls and yanks the phone out of my hands. "My precious," she hisses. I laugh at her craziness. I swear she is more eager to get the letter than actually knowing if she was accepted. She opens the message and groans.

"What? A message about funeral plans?" Olive says, still playing the piano.

"No," she says, clearly disappointed, "It's Chad. He's touring through the places where they shot Lord of the Rings and he misses me."

"Lucky!" I whine. She looks at me and chuckles softly.

Oh! Did I mention that I haven't told Guilianna about Chad and Flower Girl yet. Well now you know.

"That's it!" Olive says. She stops playing and walks over to us. "Move over, fat arses." We scoot over just enough for Olive to squeeze in. "It's freakin' impossible to practice with you two blabbing all the time." We laugh and look at Guilianna's phone again. It was almost twelve! When are they going to come?

***

"It's here!" Guilianna cheers. Six hours and a Magic Mike movie later, the letters arrive. Guilianna dances around in her Spongebob onesie. Olive groans and throws a pillow at Guilianna. I laugh and walk over to Guilianna.

"Give it to me already, Spongebob," I say. She stops dancing and gives me my letter. Olive's hand appears from her blanket cocoon as indication to give her letter to her. I take the letter from Guilianna, who continues dancing. I give Olive her letter and her hand disappears under the cocoon she created after her second episode of the day.

"Open it," Guilianna chants from behind me. I laugh softly and look at the letter. While I was busy opening it, I realise how nervous I am. My hand was shaking like there was no tomorrow. Guilianna leans closer to me as I finally find the courage to open it. If I don't make it, I'll always have a career as a French teacher, right? C'est ça! Right, here goes nothing.

My eyes scan for the words "congratulations " or "sorry". And I found the cursed word. l'éducation en français ici, je viens  ! That is French for French education here I come!

"Crap," I breathe out. Guilianna lays her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"Sorry to tell you..." I start reading out loud, "but unfortunately you have to pack your bags because you have been accepted in Harmonize music Camp in Memphis. Congratulations!" I throw my letter up in the air and cheer. We look at the blanket cocoon.

"Olive?" Guilianna asks. The blankets unravel and Olive sits up straight. The blanket cocoon unravels and out comes a white Olive with a leopard print onesie and her hair in it's own cocoon. She stands up on her bed and turns toward us.

"Hell yeah!" she screams, surprising us a little. She usually doesn't talk to us after one of her episodes for five hours. It hasn't even been two hours. She jumps off her bed and starts dancing. Guilianna dances with Olive and I soon join in. After a minute of dancing, Guilianna opens her letter. Accepted.

"Wait! When is it?" I ask. Guilianna and Olive stops dancing and we all hold the letter to our face.

Make sure that you are at Memphis Bus Station at 6:45 on the 5th of August. The bus leaves at 7 am. Don't miss it!

"Isn't the 5th tomorrow?" Guilianna asks. We were quiet, realising that it was the day before the camp. We run around the apartment to find all the necessities. I set an alarm for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll make it in time.

***

"Come on! We don't have much time left!" Guilianna rushes as we get out of the taxi. We were early, but we forgot one problem. We don't know hos long it will take us to get to the camp and Olive's first episode of the day is in two hours.

We run to one of the one counsellor that was there with a notepad in his hand. "Excuse me!" Guilianna calls. He looks up and tilts his head to the side.

"You must be some of the campers," he says. We nod. "Names?"

"Guilianna Ravis, Kendall Williams and Olivia Campell," Guilianna says. He looks for our names and checks it off.

"Now why are you guys so early?" he asks.

"We are here to talk about a small problem," I say. He nods and waits for us to continue. "You see..."

And we spend the next half hour discussing about the problem about Olive. The bus ride is about an hour long and we have the priviledge to go to our room with the roomates. During our conversation, more people came.

"So everything is settled," he says and writes it down.

"Thank you, sir," Olive says. We pick up our bags and move to the crowd. We look at the time. 6:44.

"Alright people! Who is ready to go camping?" The counsellor asks.

___

I know, I am the worst! You can shun me! I deserve it!

Almost done with exams. Just have Technology, Geography, English and Math! Then build a bridge for Tech and write/learn a drama. So yeah, I am pretty busy. Wanted to share with you guys so that you can understand why it's hard.

I promised a time jump, so hear it is! I am a woman of my word! I just won't make the promise that I'll update soon.

Adios Amigos!
-Annika

I love llamas... okay bye...