12. Max X Reader

Mac n' cheese
Word count: 692
Requested by MaeTheAnimeTrash

• • •

You were out grocery shopping at Target and you couldn't help but notice a group of men laughing and holding a video camera at themselves.

One had dark brown curly hair with a snapback and glasses, another with lighter curly brown hair and glasses, another one who's almost going bald, and two other red heads, one them being slightly attractive.

He had a beard and he was tall, definitely taller than you. He wore a graphic shirt and jeans.

You were looking for mac n' cheese in the food isle and all of a sudden the group of guys were laughing as they walked into your isle.

"So Max!!" The one with the snapback said to the red head who was slightly attractive, a.k.a., Max.

"What did you want?"

'So they're probably gonna come towards me...great' You thought as you turned your face away from their camera. You assumed one of them was going to come into the isle.

The man, or Max, left his friends and headed towards your direction, standing next to you looking at the multiple mac n' cheese boxes.

You pretended to mind your own business, but secretly you were watching the red head from the corner of your eye.

Yeah, he was cute.

The next moment you thought you were waiting too long. You found a specific mac n' cheese flavor, but it was all the way on the top shelf and you being short, you couldn't reach. So you tried your best to get them.

You went on your tippy toes, grabbed onto another shelf, then began stretching your arm out as far as you could.

Of course you still couldn't reach them.
And you've probably embarrassed yourself in front of the new guy you probably have a small crush on now.

"Do you need any help?" He asked, his voice deep and smooth; it caught you off guard.

"Oh, um, yes please." You replied nervously. The man, or Max, reached up to the box you were trying to get earlier. Him being so tall, it was easy for him.

"Thanks." You said looking down at the mac n' cheese, trying to avoid awkward eye contact.

"No problem." He smiled nicely. You smiled back, his smile almost being contagious.

The man looked down at you and you caught him staring.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked a bit more confidently. The man shrugged scratching the back of his neck.

"I-I don't know. You're kinda pretty I guess." He said, his voice wavering. A red tint formed across your face and you hid it by looking down at your feet. The man also blushed slowly.

"MAX WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO-oH!!!" A voice interrupted the moment. Both of you looked up to see the guy with light brown curly hair and glasses, smirking at the ginger.

"Ross I'll be there!! Go away!!" Max shooed the man, now named Ross. Ross snickered walking back to where he came from.

"I probably have to go, but is it okay if I get your number?" Max asked you very smoothly, his voice way more confident than yours. You giggled as your face became hotter.

You told Max your number as he put it in his phone.

"Great, thanks pretty lady." Max smirked. "Or I could call you..."

"(Y/N)." You introduced, your heart racing.

"I'm Max." Secretly you knew that, but you played along.

"Nice to meet you." You replied smiling up at him.

"Same to you, but I gotta catch up with my friends." Max sighed turning around. "Okay, that's fine." You said happily.

You and Max had to part ways and you couldn't have been more happier when you got a cute guy's number. But when Max turned around with the mac n' cheese he originally wanted, Adam was at the end of the isle laughing like a buffoon with the vlog camera pointing at Max.

Yes, Max got really pissed and you heard high pitch screaming coming from another side of Target. Do you know why?

• • •

Leave a comment or vote :)