35. Tim X Reader

Not on his mind
Word count: 919
I needed a sad one to balance out all the happy ones I've been writing ¯\_()_/¯

• • •

Tim has been coming home late hours, and this time, it was excruciatingly late. It's midnight and you were still waiting for Tim to come home from work.

Usually he's home by 5, but during the past week, he's been home hours after that.

You sat on the couch watching TV, patiently waiting for Tim. You thought maybe he had to finish recording videos or editing stuff, so you still waited.

An hour passed by, and Tim still wasn't home. You were getting tired and about to give up on waiting.

But then, the front door was opened and you shot your head around the couch. Turning off the TV, you got up to go find Tim.

"Tim? Is that you?" You asked as you made your way to the door. You found Tim closing the front door and you couldn't have been any happier.

You expected Tim to say something to you, but he just ignored you completely. What?

"How was work?" You casually asked watching Tim put down all his stuff. He only shrugged giving you a quick glance.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry." His voice cracked. You scrunched your eyebrows.

"What? Tim.." You put a hand on his shoulder to only allow him to shove it away.

"What did you do?" Your voice in fright. You were expecting the unexpected.

"I cheated." Tim said firmly, avoiding any eye contact. Your eyes widened at his answer. Anger started to come up your throat.

"You can't be serious." You scoffed turning away. You heard Tim sniffle and your heart started to break.

"(Y/N) please don't be mad at me." Tim practically begged. You rolled your eyes while crossing your arms.

"I'm not mad." You replied swallowing the lump in your throat. Tim looked up at you.

"I'm just disappointed." Tears started to brim your eyes and you dared not to let them go.

"You cheating on me shows that I'm not that important to you. You went and probably kissed some other girl without me on your mind!!" You started to blame Tim. In his eyes you saw his soul leave his body; he went limp.

"(Y/N) no. No please it was a mistake!!" Tim protested taking a step to you. You only took another step backwards.

"Really? Was it really? I can't believe you!!!" You stomped out of the room and ran upstairs.

"(Y/N) I'm serious!! I didn't mean to!! I couldn't help myself!!" Those were the words that Tim knew he fucked up.

"'I couldn't help myself'?" You gasped quoting Tim as you turned around. "So you're telling me you wanted it even though I was still you're girlfriend?!"

"You are my girlfriend!!" Tim fought back. By now tears were rolling down your face.

You shook your head, now furious.

"Not anymore. I can't date someone who doesn't think of me when theYRE ABOUT TO GO AND CHEAT!!" You started to scream. You ran into the shared bedroom and locked it behind you.

Tim came running, banging on the door after he jiggled the doorknob. Even though the door was locked, he was still strong enough to break it down.

"ITS LIKE YOU DON'T CARE ANYMORE. NOW YOU'RE JUST DESPERATE TO TAKE ME BACK!!" You screamed through the thin wood. Tim's sobs were heard and it broke you even more knowing he fucked up.

"(Y/N) I DO CARE!! WHY DO YOU THINK I'M TRYING SO HARD TO BREAK DOWN THIS DOOR?!" Tim's body kept banging on the wood, and your body was the only thing preventing Tim from coming in.

"You left work without thinking about me, while I sat on the couch at home trusting and waiting for you." Your voice went down to an inside voice. Tim stopped banging on the door as he listened.

"(Y/N) don't say that." Tim's voice cracked.

"Tim." You muttered, your forehead pressed on the door.

"Please leave." You whispered, the words being too painful to spit out fully.

Tim suddenly started jiggling the doorknob really fast trying to come in. You used the strength you still had to keep the door shut.

"(Y/N) you can't make me!!" Tim called out, planting his two hands in front of him.

"Tim I don't want to see someone who craves someone better." You stated firmly, your fists tightening.

"But..." Tim couldn't find the words to say.

"Please, just leave. I-I need some sleep." You whimpered against the door. Tim stood on the other side in shock.

"O-okay. Goodnight, (Y/N)." Tim said letting down the fight. You stepped away from the door giving Tim a perfect opportunity to barge in.

But he didn't.

You went to the bed you and Tim shared, alone. You got under the covers and watched door. You still saw his shadow on the other side.

You turned off the lights with the switches above your head and put your head down. You still looked at the door.

Turning in the bed, you sighed. Your heart was so heavy and your head was getting dizzy. You needed to sleep.

"Goodnight, Tim." You said loud enough for him to hear. You covered yourself and let the slow tears fall.

You felt yourself letting go. Before you drifted off, Tim's words were the last thing you heard.

"I love you."

• • •

No part two, sorry dudes :/

Leave a comment or vote :)