27

She started to sing.
They started to listen.
She didn't want anyone to hear.
They wanted everyone to know and sing along.

*Ocean's P.O.V.*

After the other night I decided to stay with the gang.

-
-
-
-
-

I woke up to Mars shaking me crying.

"Why the fuck are you crying at-" I looked at the digital clock on her bedside table. "3:48 am?" I sighed, closing my eyes again.

"I had a scary dream!" My eyes opened slowly. I looked up at her, my eyes adjusting to the dark, lightless room.

Signing, I sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed. "Tell me all about it." I puffed out, picking her up and setting her on my lap.

"I-I-" "Take a deep breath Mars." She inhaled deeply as my arms wrapped around her waist.

"Okay I lied it was just a really weird dream-" I cut her off by slapping her head lightly. "Ow!" "Carry on."

"I was in a hospital room alone. Then all of a sudden my stomach was striking with pain. As I looked down nurses rushed in. My tummy was HUGE! I apparently started giving birth to not one kid, I WAS A FUCKIG GIVING BIRTH TO OCTUPLETS! I CAN'T HANDLE EIGHT CHIL-" I cut her off by laughing.

"I-I'm sorry it's j-just-" I choked out. She hated kids.

"DO NOT INSULT MY IMAGINARY CHILDREN!" "I though you said-" "I KNOW WHAT I SAID!"

Laughing, I picked her up and carried her downstairs. "You woke me up so let's do something." "Like what?" "Let's try and make a cake!"

I ran into the kitchen, ignoring all the signs that tell us we can't bake. I can cook some things but I am shit at baking.

"Get everything out," I spoke, getting on my phone.

After she grumbled and got everything out we started singing.

"Pre-heat the oven Ocean!"

"stupid heat, stupid oven, stupid cake." I mumbled, struggling to work the oven.

"Merrily as fall out of line, out of line," I sung quietly.

"I fall anywhere with you, I'm by your side," Mars sung.

We smiled, laughing slightly while making eye contact. "We're not going anywhere until we freeze I'm not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid."

We stopped singing when we noticed something. Eggs. I hate cracking eggs.

"CRACK THE EGGS!" "They remind me of boobs." Mars spoke, stabbing the yolk with a knife.

"Bloody hell,"

We put the cake into the oven.

"Now what?" I asked, struggling once more with the oven.

"Well since we're shit and bought icing and other fancy things, let's just drink juice and watch Tyler Oakley." Shrugging, I got out some apple juice while Mars went on YouTube.

"Since these boys are unfortunately straight," Tyler spoke, looking at the twins beside him. "I thought we should teach them some of our culture."

We continued to watch videos, forgetting we had a cake in the oven.

"Cuddle?" I turned my head towards Mars, pouting.

A smile swerved into her face as we cuddled, falling asleep again.

But the cake was burning.

———•———•———•———•———•———•———

We both woke up in a car. I looked around and notice. My brother and his friends were in the car. I pushed Mars, signalling for her to get up.

"Wha- where the hell are we?" "Someone left a cake in the oven and burned down the kitchen." Ash spoke, glaring at me from the mirror.

"Where's my OTP?" "They are in the trunk." Luke spoke cooly.

"WHAT THE MOTH-" I cut her off by punching her. "What the hell was that for?"

I leaned over and whispered into her ear to be quiet.

It was quiet for a second before we heard moaning coming from the trunk. We burst out laughing, falling on one another. "What's so funny?" they asked, clearly confused.

After motioning for them to be quiet, hard thumps were heard Michael, Luke, and Calum laughed along while Ashton was making sad faces. "Not in my car." he whined.

Slowly but surely we arrived at their recording studio.

"Sorry, we need to record something quickly so you can go eat a doughnut or whatever."

We all wondered around until we found an empty recording booth. Smiling at each other we rushed in.

"What do you want to play?" "How about the song we sang earlier I can't get it out of my head." Nodding, we motioned for Jake to press record.

We started to sing without the music, slowly but surely Dylan caught up to what we were doing, and started to play the guitar.

( A/N: (just in case you want to know the lyrics without watching the video over and over again:)
Merrily we fall
Out of line, out of line
I'd fall anywhere with you
I'm by your side

Swinging in the rain
Humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze

I'm not afraid, anymore
I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Carefully we're placed for our destiny
You came and you took this heart, and set it free
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me
I'm torn, I'm torn to be right where you are

I'm not afraid, anymore
I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all

You so know me
Pinch me gently
I can hardly breathe

Forever is a long, long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all
I wouldn't mind it at all )

When we stopped we smiled at each other, giving each other hugs and the guys kissed each other.

"Okay Jake transfer that onto a CD for me quickly then erase it from the computer." I spoke.

But we didn't know that the guys were listening behind the door, planing something

And later on it would come back to me.