Chapter 34

Author's note:
Sorry for such a long wait! School started last week and i've been super busy lol.
----------------
"We're just going out for 10minutes, are you sure you'll be okay Rose? We have to run errands, and your father and I want to get them done before the snow storm comes." My mom spoke grabbing her coat from off of the hook. There's supposed to be a huge storm tonight, they're saying we should expect about a foot of snow in just 5 hours. However, I know that's not what she's worried about the most.

A week has passed, and Blaire is still missing, Danny is still "missing", and Nina is still in recovery. Thanksgiving break is right around the corner, but I don't know if the days will continue to be gloomy and filled with worry, or if we'll all put on fake smiles, let out fake laughs, and try to enjoy the holiday, like nothing has happened.

But everything just seems to be getting worse.

A couple of days ago, they discovered a young man's body in a black garbage bag thrown in a nearby lake. The police said the body was so badly mutilated it was hard to recognize whether the dead human was a female or male. Although you would expect for there to be answers given on whether the body is Danny's or not, they're having a hard time pulling off a mask super glued and stitched onto the person's face. I'm praying it isn't him, but I know Blaire had something to do with it.

There was a dark rose stabbed through the individual's throat.

I looked at my mom with a queasy feeling in my stomach.

"Yeah.." I began to speak.

".....the police are next door, windows and doors are locked...you guys installed new telephones around every corner of the house and an alarm system....I'll be fine"

When Nina mentioned how Blaire was after me, my parents automatically did everything they could that could keep me somewhat safe. Their child is in danger, a danger that I'm not sure if I can escape. My parents make sure they walk me out to my car in the morning when leaving for school, and a police escorts me to my car right after school. It's all so scary and completely bizarre.

Someone is after me, someone that I regretfully trusted and had sympathy for.

"Rose..."

"-no, I'm serious. It's okay. Now hurry before the storm comes."

My dad walked out of the back door, as my mom stood still with a worried facial expression.

Eventually she turned around, and followed my dad.

Silence filled the house.

After zoning out for a couple of seconds, I walked over to the back door, locked it, and then went to go turn on the house alarm. Once that was all done, I went to the family room and sat on on the couch.

I looked down at my phone trying to see if anyone has sent me any text messages, but there were none. Probably not because they didn't want to talk to me, but because I probably did not respond to their previous messages. I've just been so stressed. I'm hardly doing my homework, I'm barely eating, I'm barely sleeping.

I rubbed my hands over my eyes, and then reached for the TV remote that was to the left of me.

When the TV turned on, it was set to disney channel . I quickly started to scroll through the channels.