Chapter 18

It is now Saturday, and Danny, Nina, Eli, and I all decided on going skating, and then out to eat at five guys.

I'm actually pretty excited about today, but scared. I'll finally get a feel of how Eli is as a person, but what if I end up not being interested in even being his friend? He seems like a nice guy, but I don't know. Since he's widely known around the whole entire school, he could have developed a huge ego over the past years, became cocky, or anything.

It is 5:00pm, and Nina is at my house currently getting ready with me. She doesn't seem that pumped about today, but I think that's because she basically considers it a date with Danny. I mean it could be considered that, a double date, but I'm looking at this as two friends and possibly a new friend hanging out with me today. I understand that Eli probably has an interest in me, and I definitely have an interest in him, but I'm not ready to jump back into any pre-dating process. The "things". At least not until there's some closure in my life.

I'm currently finishing my outfit with putting on my stud earrings, while Nina is putting on her black vans that she'll be wearing today. I'm just wearing ripped jeans, short brown boots, and a sweater. Something simple, but also cozy. It'll probably get hot in the skating rink, but whatever.

"Do I look okay?" Nina questioned nervously while standing up.  I looked away from the mirror I was staring in, and looked at her. She looked absolutely beautiful like always.

"Dude you look hot, why are you so nervous?" I laughed while walking over to my bed and laying on it. She walked over to the window, looked out of it, and looked back at me.

"Im not nervous." She spoke coming to the bed and sitting next to it. I saw her take a deep breath, and let out a big sigh. Yeah, definitely not "nervous".

I sat up, and looked at her.

"Just look at this as being a few friends going out to have fun. I'm kind of nervous, I mean, I think Eli might....be a tiny bit attracted to me."

"There's no such thing as being a 'tiny bit attracted" Nina laughed. I let out a small laugh as well, which resulted in us both laughing even more.

Once we calmed down, I took a deep breath and began to speak, "You get what I'm trying to say. I mean, I know Danny likes you..and you like him to. You already met his family.....his family loves you...everything works out perfectly. What's holding you back?"

Nina then looked out the window again when we both heard the sound of car doors locking. Eli must be here already, my heart is beginning to race.

"Myself." She spoke softly standing up, and walking out of the room. I stood still for a couple of seconds wondering what Nina meant by "myself". Any guy would be extremely lucky to have her, does she not know her worth?

I sat up and soon followed after. By the time I reached downstairs, the doorbell rang, which of course meant Eli and Danny were here. Danny could have came over way earlier considering the fact that he lives right next door, but I guess he just wanted to show up with Eli.

Nina and I both walked over to the door, and opened it. There, was standing two handsome young men, waiting to go out skating with us, and to dinner.

As I looked at Eli, I immediately began to blush. He looked like a complete model. I think he noticed my reaction as well, because a huge smile began to form across his face.

"Hey guys, ready to go?" Danny asked looking at me, and then at Nina. When he made eye contact with Nina, his facial expression changed. I could tell he suddenly became nervous, but it's okay, we all are, besides Eli I think.