Chapter 7 - Pizza and Football

"Sweetie, did you just climb through the window?" Mom called through the door.

My eyes widened, "Uh, yeah! Just a bit of exercise. Don't come in I'm, uh, about to take a shower!"

"Alright." She still sounded a bit worried, "I just wanted to let you know I won't be home tonight. I have a meeting, but I left some money on the counter for you."

"Okay, thank you!" I yelled back, trying to sound as normal as possible.

As her footsteps receded, I let out a deep sigh. I turned to Alec, who had a wide smirk plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you really going to take a shower? Because I would love-."

"Ah! Stop being a perv!" I growled.

"Well we got nothing else to do!" He defended.

"That doesn't mean I'm going to -...nevermind." I could feel my cheeks tinging, so I stopped.

He wiggled his eyebrow and began to survey the room, taking me with him, "So this is your room."

I nodded, "Take in the poverty rich boy."

Suddenly he stopped, turned to me with an odd look, "Kiss me."

My body froze as my gaze fell to his lips.

Then, he burst into laughter, falling to the ground and bringing me with him. "You need to relax! Like I would actually kiss you! Loosen up, Parker."

I sent him a death stare and stood back up. Ok, obviously I would never want to touch his dirty lips, but him saying that still hurt. I slapped his arm and mumbled jerk under my breath as he got back up.

After we settled down a bit, he continued his scan of my room. I'm not sure why, but it made me uncomfortable. I didn't want him to know anything about my personal life. Why was this happening to me?

"You don't have that many pictures, do you?"

I shrugged, "I only keep the valuable ones."

He searched my face for something more, and I swear that boy cracked a smile before returning to his idiotic smirk. "This is definitely a girl's room."

Rolling my eyes, I sat on my bed. "My mom left, so we have the place to ourselves."

"Where's your dad?"

My heart stopped as the question no one had asked me in years rang in my ears. I had to bite my lip to keep my eyes from welling up, "He, um, passed a while ago."

For the first time ever, Alec didn't have a response. After a few moments he spoke, "So your mom left you money for pizza?"

"Who ever said anything about pizza?" I asked, thankful for the topic change.

He shrugged, "Who wouldn't get that? It's amazing."

I groaned and started towards the stairs, "Leave it to me to be the lucky girl who is handcuffed to a junkaholic."

"First of all, you are a lucky girl and second of all, junkaholic isn't even a word."

I shook my head and tugged at the chain as I led him downstairs.

"Nice place you got here."

"Oh please, you live in a mansion." I retorted.

He shrugged, "Just trying to be friendly."

Suddenly, both of our eyes met the counter where a crisp $20 bill sat.

The rest was a blur.

Alec ripped across the room. We both made a grab for the money, which of course, he got to first and held it high above his head like a child. Being the pipsqueak I was, I jumped helplessly for the money.

"Give it!" I yelled.

"Only if we get pizza!"

"Isn't pizza unhealthy for a big fit football player?" I shot back.

He leaned closer to me, his face way to close for comfort, "Well, sometimes we like to try new things." He whispered.

I gulped, not able to stop the small shiver from rushing down my spine. Then, I realized my advantage to his position. I leapt up, grabbed the money and shoved it into my pocket, "Fine, we'll get pizza!"

He smiled triumphantly as we shuffled to the couch. When we sat down, I grabbed the remote which was immediately ripped from my hands.

"Hey!" I shouted.

"I've got to watch the game, sweetheart."

"This is my house, my TV! So give it here you annoying jerk!"

He rose an eyebrow at me, "Ooo, firey spirit. I like it."

As irritated as I was, I couldn't help but noticed his size compared to mine. If I tried to get hat remote from him, he would crush me, literally. So, all I could do is sigh as he flicked through the channels to find the game.

"Before we watch," I started, "I would like to know our plan for this." I pointed at our cuffed hands.

"We can figure it out tomorrow. Now give me the remote."

"Great, tomorrow." I mumbled.

And then, a God-awful realization hit me.

I really needed to pee.