thirty-four

Winnie's hands moved at a speed beyond natural, having shredded through two charcoal pencils in less than an hour. Pages upon pages of utter madness.

And none of it made sense.

"Win?"

The brunette continued on, barely hearing the voice from the bed as she was sprawled out on the floor. Her fingers had gone numb, her entire hand white from pressure.

Isaac, having spent most of his time hidden out with Winnie, climbed off the bed and picked up Winnie by the waist.

Winnie let go of her pencil, only groaning in complaint without a fight against him. She laughed as she was dropped onto the mattress, "Come on, I was drawing."

"You were driving yourself crazy, Win," said Isaac as he pinned her to the bed. He hovered over Winnie, memorizing the features of her face. "You can take a break."

Winnie reached up, lightly running her fingers along his cheekbone. "Derek's not going to be mad at you, will he? I've seen you more this week than he has in two."

Isaac shook his head, "I don't care."

A smile grew on Winnie, "I don't mind the sound of that." She ran a hand through his hair, softly pulling him down to her by his curls.

Without resisting, Isaac pressed his lips to hers.

Minutes seemed like seconds, Winnie pulling away with a plan.

"Wait, Isaac."

"What?" He jumped to conclusions, "Am I hurting you?"

"No," Winnie laughed, "get up, I have an idea."

With curious eyes, Isaac moved off of her, sitting on the edge of her bed as she went across her room. "What are you doing?"

"You'll see," she replied with a smile. "Take off your shirt."

"Yes ma'am," Isaac jokingly said as he pulled his tshirt over his head.

Winnie brought over a small basket of paints, a palette and a brush. She set a cup of water on the nightstand, creation radiating off of her. "Lay down."

Although he laughed, he did it anyway. He rested his head back on one of the fluffy pillows, using his hands behind him as a prop. "What's the canvas?"

"You." Winnie set her paints on the bed, straddling Isaac's waist.

"Hang on," Isaac objected as he put up a finger. "You don't want to get paint on your shirt."

Winnie tried not to laugh, putting her paintbrush down before pulling off her top.

"Much better," he mused with a grin.

Uncapping a blue paint, she dabbed the ocean shade onto her brush. "Stay still."

Isaac, however, shivered as the first stroke went onto his lower abdomen. He chuckled at the look she gave him, "It's cold."

"Don't be a baby, Lahey." Winnie's hair fell in waves down her chest in an artistic manner, still managing not to get in her way. She began in with sunset colors on Isaac's upper chest, detailing it just like she would any canvas.

While Winnie was getting distracted in the art, Isaac was getting lost in the details of her.

The hint of sun on her skin, the definnition of her collarbones and the amythest gems in her bellybutton ring. Her swimming showed, visible lifts where her biceps were even when she wasn't flexing.

Everything about her was alarmingly stunning, but it didn't compare to her personality.

"Isaac, are you even listening?"