nine

Winnie tilted her chin, adding a drawing of Erica Reyes in a hospital gown with Derek touching her to the Beacon Hills timeline.

She'd done one better and had hidden it so it was out of sight. Behind all of her clothes in her closet, the drawings all stuck to the inner wall. She wasn't expecting anyone to come over, but if they did, that was the very last thing she wanted anyone to see.

It would get her sent to an insane asylum in a flash.

Winnie slid her clothes back into place, covering up the evidence of her insanity. She shook her head, pushing at her hair as she wished she wasn't involved in all of the nonsense.

"Winnie, I'm home," Aaron called through the house, the door shutting behind him.

"In my room," she called back, moving away from her closet.

Given a minute, Aaron found his daughter at her desk on her laptop. He glanced around, "Where'd it all go?"

"I decided it would be best to burn it," Winnie lied, turning around in her chair. "It was freaking me out a little too much."

"Okay then." He nodded, believing her easily. "Well, I'll run out and grab a dessert. Do you want to meet me at the Argents?" He began to leave, "Address is texted to you. See you in a bit."

Winnie stood up, her mouth half open in an attempt to reply. She lifted a hand only to drop it to her side. "Yeah, okay Dad." She sighed, shaking her head as she went back over to her laptop. Flicking up a playlist comprised mostly of Grouplove, she started changing.

She'd never really 'been to dinner', unless it was with Libby and Jake's families, and it was beyond her what to wear.

Winnie sighed, sliding through her clothes on hangers, not looking at the drawings hidden behind. She scavenged through, coming across a royal blue dress that flowed at the waist. Holding it out, she shrugged and tossed it onto her nicely made bed.

"What the hell, let's do this." Winnie gave up, changing into the long sleeve dress. She adjusted herself and grabbed a pair of black ankle boots. Sitting down on her bed, she pulled on the low heels and picked up her phone.

"Hey Winnie, what's going on, babe?"

Winnie eased at Libby's voice, "I'm so glad you called, Libs."

"Stress or you just missed me too much?"

"Both, clearly." Winnie stood up, pinching her phone between her ear and shoulder. She grabbed a gold charm bracelet off her vanity and slipped it onto her wrist.

"How's Beacon Hills?" Libby asked, stretched out on her couch at home. "Oh, what's the weather like there?"

"No snow, which is pretty nice. It's not as cold, but the weather isn't really the big deal," Winnie said, taking a seat at her vanity and putting the call on speaker after turning off her music.

"There's a big deal?" Libby's interest piqued. "What's going on, Win?"

"Do, uh," Winnie pinned back the sides of her hair into a loop braid with the rest curled nicely, "do you remember that guy I was drawing? Isaac?"

There wasn't much hesitance, "The gorgeous one? Of course I do."

Winnie dabbed on pink tinted lip balm, "So, I met him." She drew back in a wince, a scream coming from the other end. "I'm hoping that's because someone just murdered you."

"No, Winnie, oh my god! What's he like?" Libby quickly asked, jumping and overly excited.

"Well, he's a fugitive."