twenty-five

Erica led Winnie and Isaac through the crowd, coming up behind Jackson in the midst of sweaty ravers.

Erica skimmed a hand around his neck, pulling Jackson in close to dance. She took Winnie's hand next, the three dancing in more than just personal space.

Winnie reached out and took Isaac's arm, bringing it to her waist.

They danced to a social high, electro music quaking the ground in a melodic way.

Jackson, beyond himself, kissed Erica's neck as he kept a warm grip on her hips. He was entranced, more himself than the kanima as he was slowly seduced.

Slightly behind Winnie as she danced with a hand in Erica's, Isaac leaned down, kissing the exposed skin on Winnie's neck for himself more than for the plan.

Still close to Erica, Winnie tilted her head with her eyes half shut as she had a hand behind her gripping his shoulder softly.

There was something euphoric about the entire situation.

Isaac slowly removed the ketamine syringe, grinning as he left a kiss below Winnie's ear. He moved around her just barely, getting closer to Jackson.

Both Isaac and Erica suddenly cringed, letting out gasps of pain.

Jackson held the wolves by his claws in their skin, his eyes going directly to Winnie. He leaned in close, noticing Winnie's hand moving to her thigh where the glock remained hidden. With his lips brushing her ear, a diluted voice growled, "She belongs to me."

Isaac and Erica hit the floor as Jackson let go and backed away from Winnie. His eyes taunted her, daring her to shoot him in front of all these people.

Jackson smirked, knowing she couldn't do it. He walked over the fallen betas, heading for the front of the stage. He was going to have his next victim, no matter what it took.

Winnie cursed, dropping down to help Isaac.

"The syringe," Isaac snapped as he winced. "Get the syringe, Win."

Winnie looked across, the metal syringe getting knocked away by a Doc Marten. She jumped up, dodging past people and quickly snatching it up. Without taking it to Isaac, she followed Jackson's path with narrowed eyes.

Nearly to the barrier, Jackson had his eyes on the target.

Winnie approached swiftly behind the kanima plagued boy, jamming the needle into the side of his neck and pushing the plunger.

Isaac quickly came to Winnie's side, catching Jackson as his body went limp from ketamine.

"Behind the tarps," directed Winnie as she removed the needle. "There's a room we can take him to. I'll grab Erica. Go, go." She ducked back through the crowd, finding the blonde slowly getting off the ground. Looping an arm around her, she lifted Erica up. "We got him. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," Erica painfully said as he skin healed over. "Let's just take care of this."

Winnie guided Erica back through the crowd, the two soon coming across the room they needed. They both slipped in, shutting the door as they found Isaac dropping Jackson in the plastic chair within the room.

Winnie brought out her phone, texting Stiles instead of Argent like she was supposed to. She let him know where they were and to get there as soon as he could.

Erica and Isaac watched Jackson, the rich boy unconscious and sprawled on the chair.

Erica looked back to Winnie as she put her phone in the band of her skirt. "Why didn't he attack you?"