fifteen

"Hey, testicle left and right."

Scott and Stiles looked up, both scowling.

Jackson, sat behind Scott, was irritated and beyond confused. "What the hell is a kanima?"

Both quickly turning with gaping mouths, Coach slammed a textbook on Scott's desk to intervein.

"All right, listen up," Finstock announced. "A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult, I'm not even sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it? Come on, let's go, buddy."

With Scott's attention, Jackson leaned forward. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation," replied Stiles as he was angled back to Jackass.

"Wait," said Scott, "why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?"

"How should I know?" interrogated Jackson.

Stiles suddenly got worried, "Wait, do they think it's Lydia?"

"I don't know," Jackson quietly said, "all I heard was her name and something about chemistry."

Coach walked down the aisle, a flat look on his face. "Jackson!" he yelled. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Umm..." Jackson hesitated, "just an undying admiration for my...my coach."

Finstock smiled, "That's really kind of you." The niceness fell and his normal persona took over. "Now shut up! Shut it!" He looked out to the others, "Anybody else?"

Scott grabbed Stiles' arm, yanking him closer. "How do we know it's not her?" he asked in a whisper.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil, and when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil." Stiles hesitated, "All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day."

"Stiles," Scott said, "that's not a very good argument."

The buzz cut boy sighed, "I'm aware of that, bit I swear it's not her. It can't be, all right? Lydia's fine."

But Lydia wasn't fine.

¥ ¥ ¥

Winnie had her arms crowded in a matter of moment, Stiles and Scott at her sides in a split second. "Uh, hey guys."

"Derek's testing people to see if they're the kanima," Scott told her.

"I know," Winnie said with a sigh, "and he's going to kill whoever it is."

"They think it's Lydia," Stiles added as he walked on Winnie's right.

"They being the minions in leather jackets?" Winnie asked as she turned into Mr. Harris' room.

"Derek is not gonna kill her without proof," Scott said as if it were fact, following Winnie into the lab.

"All right," Stiles spoke as he, Scott and Winnie stopped at the head of the space, "so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right? But when and where?"

Winnie let out a sigh, finding Isaac and Erica smiling at her at the back of the room. "I think here and now."

Scott and Stiles skidded, taking the empty seat next to Lydia, despite the table being for two.

Winnie took the empty table to the right of them, Allison coming in with a confused look. "Don't ask," she muttered to the Argent.

Erica shot Winnie a wink, she and Isaac at the lab table behind the trio.