five

In the sixteen years of Winnie's life, she'd always loathed traveling.

She was never sure what exactly caused it, but it was tried and true, and no to mention drilled into her personality.

In theory, that was the exact reason she was livid as she packed a suitcase.

There were two hours until she'd have to leave, and she wasn't getting out of going to Beacon Hills.

So instead, she was mid rant in a call with Libby, the phone between Winnie's ear and shoulder as she packed angrily.

"Pete gets two weeks grounding and a hangover? That's nothing for him! He didn't even have the slightest one this morning anyway!" Winnie folded a pair of skinny jeans, slamming them down into her case. "Grounding does nothing to him! He still has lacrosse, his phone. It's bullshit, Libs."

"That's completely unfair, Win. I'm really sorry," Libby said. "It sucks he's sticking you in some nowhere town for a month."

"And then some. He's not even sure when we'll be getting out of there." Winnie retreated to her closet, putting the phone between her other ear and shoulder to avoid getting a crick in her neck. "And apparently, I have to stay through spring break, too."

"Shit, Win. Are you kidding?"

"No, I wish. But he said you and Jake could come so it's not all bad, I guess." Winnie tugged down a few tops she liked along with the skirt she loved that made her legs look killer. "I'm going to murder you and Jake if you two leave me stranded in that god forsaken town over spring break."

"We're there, Winnie. Consider it done," Libby quickly replied. "I was just staying here otherwise so I'm all yours."

"Oh, thank god." Winnie breathed out in relief, taking a small pile of clothes to her bed and folding them to put in her suitcase. "It's not even in the good part of California. If I absolutely have to go I'd rather be forced to live in LA or Huntington Beach or something."

"What's the place called again?" Libby asked, on her laptop.

"Beacon Hills."

Libby hesitated, "Isn't that the name of your painting the other day? The one with the lizard dude?"

"Yet Dad doesn't see the harm in going," Winnie said in reply. "He ignored me when I said the town gave me a bad feeling."

"You don't think that this is there, do you?"

"I don't even know if it exists, Libs." Winnie sighed, pulling shoes from the rack and sticking them with her other belongings. "I know there'll be bizarre things in the world, hell I'm one of them, but that one was a little out there."

"Hey, I found the link for the town site."

"Fill me in." Winnie went to her vanity, changing the sides she kept her phone on. She pulled her makeup bag from underneath basket and rifled through her cosmetics.

"So, they've recently had a serial killer who murdered a family via arson a few years ago. That's fun. They've got mountains lions and ooo two joggers found a body in the woods." Libby was having too much fun, "Just kidding."

"Oh, thank g-"

"It was only half of one."

Winnie stuck her urban decay eye palette into the floral makeup bag. "Please tell me you're lying."

"Sorry, Pooh. The killer is dead now if that helps at all."

"Not really, Libs." She frowned, dropping in her eyeliner and mascara. "Hey, um, did they have a name of who the girl they found in half?"