"I know enough about you," she lifted her head confidently.

He lightly tapped her nose, "Do I hear a jealous wife?"

She scrunched her nose, "No I am not."

Holding her gaze, he whispered, "I am only yours. You don't need to worry about anything."

Her cheeks turned crimson far more than the blusher that was applied on her by the makeup artist. The heavily make up eyelids obstructed her expressive eyes as she lowered her eyes bashfully. He opened the first drawer on the side drawer by the bed and lowered himself in front of her on the floor.

"I got you something." He placed the jewellery box on her lap.

Her startled gaze met his, "What is it?"

"See for yourself," he smiled gently.

Her fingers slightly quivered as she opened the jewellery box. A gasp left her lips as she stared at the intricate design gold bangle which was embellished with rubies, the sapphires and emeralds.

His hands on her knees and with doubtful eyes, he asked after she didn't say anything for a long moment, "Do you like it?"

She swallowed, no one had ever given her such a valuable gift. She nodded unable to speak, "Y..yes..yes it is very beautiful."

"I want you to wear it at all times." he murmured, plucking the bangle out of its confinement. His warm hand held her hand as he slipped the bangle on her wrist. It sparkled well on her complimenting her dress.

"Thank you" she mumbled still admiring the bangle.

"You can do better than that." his smirk spreading on his lips. Biting the inner flesh of her lower lip, her heart raced and she took a moment to decide whether she should. Glancing again at the bangle and admiring it, she finally gave in to his request and leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

As she drew back, she giggled, "You have lipstick on you."

Squeezing her knees, he blatantly replied, "I wouldn't mind your lipstick on me any time." he winked as he straightened and continued to button his shirt.

He was in a strange mood today, she deduced. Her fingers traced the design of the bangle. If he remained like this, she may learn to be happy with him. With that in mind, she stood up and held the waist coat for him, "Here I will help you."

He let her assist him, her hands brushing over his wide shoulders as he shrugged into the waistcoat. When he fastened the buttons of the waistcoat, his arms slid around her waist and he pulled her closer, "You are beautiful."

She had been gazing up in his eyes smilingly. But the words slipped the smile away. Another man had complimented her with those exact words countless times. The sweet memories flooded back. It was bitterness-sweetness now, heavy on her heart. She stiffened in his arms and he frowned, "Nawal?"

She was spared to answer him as there was a knock on the door and immediately it was opened. Manal had one look at her brother and sister in law and blushed, "I think I came in the wrong time."

Nawal hastily drew back from Salman's arms, "No, it's ok."

Manal sceptically glanced at her brother and Nawal and said, "Ammi wants you to hurry up and come down now as we are getting late."

It was time for the wedding reception festivities to begin...

****

The banquet hall was decorated in ivory, white, light yellow and light pinks. There were ivory curtains on the large windows. There were fresh multiple colour roses on Waterford crystal vase set up on the round tables with the Newbridge fine china and cutlery. Tea lights were glowing on each table giving a very romantic ambience. Ivory table cloths were draped on the tables and ivory frills were attached to the chairs.