Chapter 8

We end up going to Area 51. We video each other doing back flips and fulls and stuff like that. I start to get uncomfortable because every time I look at Dylan he's staring at me. I don't know, I'll talk to him later about it.
I feel two arms circle my waist and then I'm being picked up. "AHHH!" I scream loudly. I get thrown over a still unknown shoulder and I huff. "I felt like carrying you!" I hear Jacob say, chuckling. "You could have asked." I mumble. "Where's the element of surprise in that?" He laughs. I chuckle and say," Jacob put me dooowwwnnnn!" "Hmmm... Nah. Did I ever mention your butt's cute?" I roll my eyes and say," Did I ever mention yours isn't?" He drops me and starts tickling me. I can't catch my breath ahhh! "Surrender! Surrender! I surrender!" He starts laughing really hard and let's go of me. "I hate you." I mumble as I get up. "I love you baby!" He says, while still laughing. I flip him off and he gets up. He wraps his arms around me and has me look up at him. "What?" I question him. "Baby. I love you. So much. You little psycho." I smile up at him and get on my tiptoes and kiss him softly. "I love you too, ugly." I giggle. He rolls his eyes and we go back to doing flips and such.
* back home*
"Hey Dyl pickle!" I yell loudly as I flop onto his bed beside him. He sighs and says," Hey Ally." I sit up and look at him. "What's wrong? Talk to me." He sighs and says," Its nothing I'm fine." I roll my eyes and say," Yeah sure. Now are you gonna actually tell me?" He hesitates for a little bit but finally starts talking. "Have you ever wanted to be with someone more than anything but they're already in love with someone else? And you've tried to convince yourself that you have like zero feelings for this person but you know you're lying to yourself because any time they get anywhere near you, the butterflies are just insane. You almost always never know what they're saying but you nod along not because you're bored but because you're too busy noticing the little things about them that you pay like zero attention to what they're actually saying." I think about it and say," Honestly no. But do what your heart tells you. Always follow your heart. Normally, what your instincts are telling you to do is right most of the time." He nods his head and I ask," Now who is she?" He looks down, sadly. He sits up and before I realize what's going on he kisses me. I pull away and say," Dylan! What are you doing?!" He grabs my hand and I pull away. "Look Ally, I'm in love with you. I want you to be mine. Please." I shake my head still trying to process this. "I have Jacob, Dylan." He stands up and runs his hands through his hair. "I could treat you so much better! I know you! I know how when you're nervous you kind of pull your hair in a way. When you're angry your eyebrows scrunch up and you make this adorable face, and when you're happy you do this thing with your hands. And when you get complimented you get really quiet because you never know what to say. And your favorite color is blue. You secretly love to read but you have to have music on at the same time. You like to sing but you rarely ever let anyone hear you even though you're actually very good at it. You have this thing where you smile with half your mouth if you're trying to hold in laughter. I've heard you cry in your room almost every night, which means that you have nightmares. And I've seen your scars even though they're really light. Try and see if Jacob knows all that about you."
I feel a tear run down my cheek and I get up slowly. "I'll talk to you later." I say quietly. I walk out his room and go to mine. What just happened? Dylan has been paying attention this entire time and I didn't even notice. Just then Jacob walks into my room and closes the door. "Hey babygirl!" He says happily. He lays down on my bed and I get situated with my head on his chest. He plays with my hair and I ask," Jacob?" "Hmm" he hums quietly. "Babe, do you notice things? Like about me?" I ask quietly. "What do you mean?" He asks, curiosity laced in his voice. "Like things I do without realizing? Like I don't know like do I do something specific happy or upset?" He strokes my hair for a whole and eventually says," Babe I don't know. I've never really looked." And that's when I got sad. I notice things like that about him. Someone knocks on the door and opens it. "Hey cammy!" I cheer, happy that he interrupted. "Hey y'all have to start packing. We got a call. Magcon's starting in two days." Me and Jacob cheer and he chuckles. "Wait Cam I can come?" I ask excitedly. "Well yeah! But you better keep up on your online schooling. You too, Jacob. Your parents are letting you stay here so I'm in charge I promised to take care of you." I jump up and hug Cam tightly. He laughs and tickles my sides. I jump away and roll my eyes. He chuckles and walks out. "Better get to packing!" I say excitedly. Jacob gets up and kisses me softly. I smile into the kiss and he walks out. I turn on my playlist and get to packing.