Chapter 3

I've been living with Cam for three weeks now and Jacob has only talked to me four times. And that was just to say something like," Pass the syrup please." or "Carter wants you." I don't know why he all of a sudden hates me. I don't know what I did wrong.

***Jacob's P.O.V.***

She probably thinks I hate her. I hate this. It's killing me not to talk to her. I can't laugh at her jokes, give her piggyback rides down the stairs, makes vines with her, youtube videos with her, nothing. I get that Cameron's protective, but any of the other guys could easily try something on her. He said he doesn't trust me. But he trusts Hunter, Brandon, Dylan, Taylor, Aaron, Carter, and Willie? Really? I don't understand. I'm the only one that's been honest with him.

I know Brandon, Hunter, and Dylan all have feelings for her. Especially Hunter, and he shamelessly flirts with her. She doesn't really notice, or she doesn't care, so I'm not too worried. I just want to tell her why I've been so cold to her lately. I feel bad for keeping her at arm's length at all times. I might as well be honest with her. Cam's about to leave to go to the store, so now's the perfect time.

"JACOB!" Carter yells. "Huh?" I ask. "Bro I said your name like 10 times. You okay?" he asks. "Carter can I tell you something?" I ask him. He sits down and sighs," Ally, huh?" My head snaps up and I start freaking out. How did he know? "Cam and I are pretty close. He's just scared to let his little princess go. I know you feel like he's singling you out but it's because we can all tell she likes you. Go for it, man. I'm gonna keep him out for as long as possible. That gives you about 3 hours. I'll text you when we get back. He's in the car right now." I jump up as he stands and hug him hard. I'm about to go in her room when he yells," In the dance room!" I run downstairs and stop when I hear music. I slowly open the door and see her dancing so I decide to watch.

I have tears running down my face at the end of her dancing. I clap like crazy and she turns around and sees me. She rolls her eyes and I feel bruised, but I have been ignoring her. I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. "What do you want, Jacob?" she asks.

"Shh. Let me talk." I say. "I'm in love with you. Every piece of you. From your quirky jokes, to your amazing dance abilities. I am so sorry for not talking to you. I was ordered not to, but I don't care anymore. I feel depressed when I can't laugh at your jokes or take in the sight of you dancing. I'm done with it. I want you to know that I want to be the one that you dance for. I want to be the one that can say that someone as beautiful as you is mine." I turn her around and I have no idea where all of this confidence is coming from. "Why are you crying baby?" I ask.

"Because I've been in love with you. I thought you hated me! I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with me. Why didn't you just tell me?" her voice broke and she started sobbing. I sit down and pull her on my lap. I start stroking her hair and singing Somewhere Only We Know. She hums along with me and she looks up at me. I'm not normally one for this romantic stuff, but she's changing me. I'm whipped and I like it. I start leaning in and she does too.

At last second she turns her head, with a grin on her face. "I'm still mad at you. You're gonna have to work for that kiss." I chuckle and stand up. She gets up and says," Dance with me." I'm kind of nervous, because I'm not that good at dancing. So, for the next hour she teaches me a dance. I have to say, I seriously respect what she does.

***Ally's POV***

I never thought I would ever hear Jacob say any of that to me. I know I'm only 16 but I feel like there's something with us. I'm just nervous to tell Cameron because he must have really scared Jacob for him not to talk to me for that long.

"AL PAL I BOUGHT CHICKEN ENSHILADAS!" Cam yells loudly. He comes into my room 5 minutes later and sits on my bed and says," Hey, are you okay?" I sigh and nervously play with my fingers. He picks up my chin. "Alexandra tell me what's wrong." he says slowly. "Cameron why did you tell Jacob he wasn't allowed to talk to me?" I ask quietly. He looks down and I see his jaw flexing. I hate when Cam gets mad, because he has a habit of screaming and it scares me.

"I'm trying to protect you, Ally." he says lowly. "Cam I get that. If that was the case, though, you wouldn't have let any of the other guys talk to me either." And that's when he snaps. "Y'know what Ally, maybe it's because I know the real Jacob! GOD YOU'RE SO STUPID!" Carter runs into my room with Taylor at his heels. "Dude just st-" "Oh shut up Carter!" Cam yells. Taylor sits beside me and I crawl into his lap while Carter and Cameron yell at each other.

"You think you know him?" Cameron asks me as he diverts his attention back to him. "Cam please just give us a chance." I plead weakly. "I bet I know what he did. He told you he loves you huh? He told you that you make him happy and he danced with you. You guys ended up sharing a magical kiss right? HE LEARNED FROM ME! I'm the one who taught him how to pick up girls! You're not special! You're every other conquest to him!" I get up and slap him as hard as I can. "I'm going to the park. Do not come after me."

I grab my phone, my headphones, a pair of slippers, and my longboard. I walk out of the house and start riding to the park near our house. I get there and sit on a bench. I turn on When You Can't Sleep At Night and just cry. Cam's gotten mad at me plenty of times but he's never once told me I'm not special.

He means so much to me. He's my role model. He's my best friend. I just don't know what to do now. I trace my cuts that are barely visible now and I let tears hit them. After everything, he can say that to me?

"Hey Als." I hear someone say. I look up to see Dylan. "Oh hey." I say quietly. I wipe my face, but it's no use. The tears are still coming. This is gonna be an interesting talk.