Chapter 4

"So, that was a pretty big blowup back there." Dylan says. I chuckle and look up at him. "You heard all that?" He gives me a sad smile and jokes," I think the entire world did. Like maybe even the other planets in the solar system." I try to laugh but I end up just giving him a weak smile.
"Look, I know how much you like Jacob. And I can understand. He's a nice guy, he's definitely an attractive little kid, and he cares about you." I look down and say," Yeah if only Cam could see that." He looks at me and says," I think he does see it. He's just scared." I scoff and say," If he's so scared why isn't he pushing me away from you or anyone else? Anyone else could try something on me too!"
"He knows Jacob is, dare I say, in love with you. He doesn't want to lose you. And he doesn't want to lose Jacob. Whether he owns up to it or not, you guys are his two favorite people in the house." I feel a stray tear slip down my face and he wipes it away. "Cam hates me. He said I'm not special. He's always told me how special I am to him. Apparently not anymore." He throws his head back laughing. Laughing! I can't believe this! "Cam loves you! You and everyone else knows that he's a heat in the moment kind of person. He says stuff he doesn't mean when he's angry. Talk to him okay?" I nod my head and stand up. He stands up as well and I hug him. We stand there for a while and I finally pull away.
"Thank you Dylan. I'm so grateful to have someone as nice and actually calm as you in my life. Well, sort of calm. But seriously, thank you." He smiles and says," Anything for you, Al. Now go get your man!" We both go back to the house and I walk to Cameron's room.
I knock on his door and he says," Just go away. I'm not in the mood." I'm about to turn around and leave but when I do I see Dylan giving me a pointed look. I sigh and say," Cam can I please come in? It's Ally." I hear him sigh and say," Okay."
I open the door quietly and he looks at me. "Hey Cammie." I say as my voice cracks. Ugh tears again? They won't go away! "Hey Ally." He says, looking sad. I sit by him on his bed and breathe deeply. "Cam, I understand. You have to watch out for me. And I understand I really do. But I want you to trust me to make my own decisions. Please. And you're scared, and I'm not telling you not to be. I just... God I'm in love with him okay? And I'm terrified but I'm willing to take a chance if that means that something beautiful could come from it! Please Cam."
"I'll give y'all a chance. You both obviously really want this to work out, so I give a semi blessing." I smile widely and then remember what he said earlier. "Cam. I'm not special anymore. Or not to you at least." I feel tears escaping my eyes and he pulls me into him. He strokes my hair and tried to calm me down. "Hey hey hey. Everyone knows I'm an idiot. I say stupid stuff it's what I do. But you are special. Especially to me okay? I love you. You get on my nerves all the time but at the end of the day you are the most special person in the world to me." I sigh deeply and he starts tickling me. I laugh loudly and we get into a tickle war.
I end up surrendering as always and I give him a hug. "Can I go tell Jacob?" I ask. "Yes go. But... please don't like make out in front of me." I laugh and run out his room closing the door behind me.
I knock on Jacob's door and he answers," Come in." I walk in slowly and close the door. He looks at me while I try to hide my smile. "Guess who gave their blessing?" I say still trying to conceal my excitement. "Cam said we could be together?" He asks slowly. I nod and squeal loudly. He jumps off his bed and picks me up and hugs me. He twirls me around while I giggle loudly. Once he puts me down he puts his forehead on mine. He gets down on one knee and says, "Ally. I am in love with you. Please please please be my girlfriend." I giggle and say," Yes! Of course!" He gets back up and traps my lips with his. I hear someone knock and then the door opens but we don't pull away. "Oh god, the makeouts begin now."