Part two of Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Why are you going there anyway? Do you know what you seek isn't there?" The president asked.

Luke focused his eyes on him, "I need to pass through there. I'm on a set path."

"Well, you are a brave Ti-Humok. A little word of advice though... never tell just anyone what you're up to. You never know what will happen."

Luke looked at him with a blank expression that soon became a small smile of gratitude.

Then something came to his mind. "Have you seen any wolf/horse hybrids around here?" he asked.

"Yes! They come to these parts during harvesting time. We call them Ti-Shenku." The president then rubbed his belly, "Tasty things, they are!"

Luke's eyes widened, "You hunt them?"

"What?" The president sat straight up in his seat, "Yes, we outrun them every time!"
Luke got quiet right then.

The door opened again and Ti-Kah, Ti-Lok and the blacksmith (Luke assumed) came in. The blacksmith was holding a sword in a braided brown leather sheath. Luke fixated on the weapon, not realizing the vial containing a black leaf in Ti-Kah's hands. The handle was gray oak with little swirls etched into it. How beautiful. It seemed to have a good weight to it too, but he wouldn't know until he actually held it. How many more of these did the blacksmith have in his shop?-He wondered.

"I'll let you have these, but you must pay a small price." The president said. Luke's eyes flashed back up to him. Again, he remembered what Gianna said about goblins and bargaining.

"We need you to give us a lock of your hair."

"Excuse me?"

"We have a warlock in town. He promised us he would help make a remedy for hair growth."

Ti-Lok snickered and went to collect a small knife from a drawer.

Luke eyed him uncomfortably, "Does it have to be me?"

"We need Ti-Humok hair." Ti-Kah purred. He felt that shiver again.

"It takes a long time for or hair to grow." The president said. Luke made a nervous expression at him. Before he knew it, Ti-Lok had already started cutting some of his hair. His jaw fell open in disbelief and Ti-Lok said, "Hm! Nice, NICE hair! Heheh!" As he sawed away at it, Luke could only think 'I want to get out of here-RIGHT NOW'. Despite how he felt, he kept calm-as calm as he could be.

Ti-Lok finished and held the lock up, smiling proudly.

Ti-Kah and the president were instantly in awe of it.

"It's thick... How precious!" she said.

"It should be good for us then!" Ti-Lok chimed. Luke gazed pitifully at his hair.

"Ti-Luke... you may wield your new sword." The president waved toward the excited blacksmith who held the blade out farther and bowed his head. Luke imagined, as he looked at it, all the possible foes he would have to battle and all the blood he would spill; blood of fellow humans, and malicious creatures. These scenes played out in his head like he was seeing them happen in the present time. This sword was going to make him a true warrior. He reached out and took a hold of it with a tightening grip, his pupils fluctuating as he engrossed it.

"...The thinebell weed should be used carefully." The president mumbled, noticing Luke's odd behavior. He motioned Ti-Kah to continue speaking for him.

She walked closer to Luke with the vial.

Finally, the young man looked up into her button-like eyes as she held it in front of his face, "When you feel like you're being watched by unseen eyes... when the voices come and your heart feels like it's being squeezed, hold this up and brush your finger over the tip of it in the direction of the threat. The dust flies off and stops the ghosts for a while. Just long enough for you to get through."