xvi : saying goodbye

"I can't believe you guys are leaving me". Olivia sulked to her friends as they walked down to the carriages that would take them to The Hogwarts Express.

"Don't worry Liv, we'll be back in about 2 weeks". Marie said, failing to comfort her.

Kian, Quentin, Cordelia, Marie, Paxton and Olivia all entered a carriage pulled by a mysterious nothing. It was the little things like this that made Olivia realise how much her friends meant to her.

Her friends were all talking lively and chatting loudly as she zoned out, thinking about them all. She had met Kian before she could even remember. He was part of a pureblood family, and her parents took a liking to his relatives.

Then was Cordelia, whom Olivia had met at school. They rode in the same boat together on their first day at Hogwarts, and had been inseparable ever since. Later that year, Olivia met Paxton in class. This was the start of Olivia's rebellious streak, making friends with people who were not purebloods. Marie and Olivia were not instant friends. They didn't start becoming close until halfway through second year.

Quentin was the last to join their group. He was a friend of Paxtons and was very quiet at first. But once he came out of his shell, they couldn't stop loving him. Olivia hadn't told her parents about Quentin, he was the only muggleborn of the group.

She sighed greatly, resting her head back. Ever since she was a little girl, she had always wondered why blood status was so important to her family. She had been told that it was just the way things were, but she couldn't accept that.

The carriage came to a holt as they had reached the end of the path, the train being a little down the track. They all exited the carriage and Olivia helped everyone with their belongings.

They walked up the stone stairs to the platform in which the scarlet red engine was stopped. People everywhere were biding their friends goodbye before hopping onto the train.

Olivia pulled Cordelia and Marie into a bone crushing hug, sighing deeply. She let go only to be hugged by both Kian and Quentin, their giant bodies towering over her.

She turned to face Paxton awkwardly. Despite how long they had known each other, their friendship was strained due to how much they argued. Olivia shot him a small smile, which he returned.

"Merry Christmas guys". Olivia said sadly to them all as they lined up to hop on the train. "Be safe".

"Bye Liv". Marie shouted, waving her hand in the air. She waved back, a sad sort of smile making its way into her face.

The engine started and the train started to slowly move out from the station. Olivia, along with everyone else on the platform, waved goodbye to their friends as they rode by, until they were out of sight.

Olivia sighed, before making her way back to the carriages. She didn't know why to expect in the weeks coming, which made her more anxious than excited.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys for 11k reads!!

Don't forget to comment and vote and until next time...

Mischief Managed.