001

*Cecily Smith*

I was reading Harry Potter again for my thirty second time. My mom, Lily, was going to yell at me soon to help her set up for tonight's party. My room, which was mostly black and gray with bookshelves on every wall, was clean and the bed, which did not have a head or foot board and was mostly used as a couch anyway, was made. I was sitting in my hammock, swinging slightly as Harry, Ron and Hermione ran to the Whopping Willow after Scabbers.

"CECE!" Lily called, she knocked on my door before opening it. "Come on. You need to pick up the food."

"Fine," I groaned, climbing down and replacing my book on it's shelf.

"Why don't you stop on the bookstore on the way," Lily shrugged casually, handing me two times the amount of money I'd need. I looked at her with wide eyes. "Didn't you say that there were a few you wanted?"

"Yeah," I said. "I was going to get a copy of the books I was reading last month. Are you sure, though, it's probably going to be - like - a hundred dollars."

"That's fine, you earned it." Lily told me. "Go ahead, then I'll help you get ready." She went back to her room while I hopped on my bike. It had baskets, designed by Dad, to hold pizza boxes and book bags.

I shook off her weirdness and put on my tennis shoes. It was late June and we were having a bunch of families over for some reason. Wearing shorts and a tank top, I grabbed a light jacket to pull over myself and headed out. My first stop was our local pizzeria to pick up the $125 worth of pizza. Right next door was the bookstore.

"Hey, Leo," I called. "Could I come back in twenty minutes? I have some books I was going to get."

"Sure, sure, Cece," Leo smiled. Leo was an old family friend, he and my mom were best friends. He was Mexican, but his mother owned the pizzeria before him. "It'll wait right here for you!"

"Thanks, Leo!" I smiled before jogging over to the bookstore.

I bought my books, all by my second-favorite author; Cassandra Clare, and got a few cheap necklaces of a few of the Runes I found on sale in the check-out aisle. I was back at the pizzeria in ten minutes, luckily, and fixed the ten large pizzas in the basket, closed the lid and strapped the book bags onto the side basket before heading to get pop.

*

It took me forty five minutes to get home after getting the pizza and books. I got other food, too, at the grocery store; microwave popcorn (for me), lots of pop, veggie dishes, chips and some paper plates and plastic cups. I was handling everything very well, everything was balanced and I made it to our huge backyard without dropping anything.

"Cece!" My dad, Charles rushed to catch the wobbling plastic cups. "Nice, kid." He ruffled my hair before fixing up the tables for me to put the food on. "Did you get your books?"

"I did!" I squealed, running back to my bike and holding up my bag of books proudly. Charles clapped slow and sarcastic. "Lily said she's helping me get ready." I stuck my tongue out at him before heading in through the sliding glass back door.

To say that my parents weren't wealthy was an understatement. My parents are both doctors and loved the outdoors. Our house was huge and we could play a proper game of football in our backyard and still have enough space for whatever. We had a few dogs and my parents got me a kitten at the end of the school year. My cat's name was Crookshanks for two reasons; 1) I love Harry Potter and 2) I didn't want to name her Church. She's a tiny ginger kitten; only a few weeks old and to call her Church would be wrong unless I got another gray cat.