Chapter 6

The next morning, I went to school. My leg was still wrapped up but i managed to walk on it. Homeroom and first period seemed to take forever to pass. I heard whispers as i walked into second period. As I sat down i heard Frankie say "The other dyke is inthe hospital." under her breath. I snapped. "You got something to say?" She stood up. "What're you going to do about it?" I stood up. All of her friends stood up too. Priscilla wasn't at school to stop them. She spit in my face and I saw red. By the time everything was clear again, i was in the nurse's office. I broke Frankie's nose and she had a swollen eye. I just had messed up hair but my leg had split open. I got bandaged up and sent to the office. "So explain what happened." Mr. Matthews said. "She made an inappropriate comment about my girlfriend and spit in my face." I said. He picked up a slip. "Under the circumstances, I'll only give you detention but next time i won't be so polite." I left the office. The rest of the day raced past. Detention was over at three-thirty and i went home. When I walked through the front door, all the lights were off. Then someone pulled me into the living room. "Turn on the lights." Aunt Missy said. Sitting in the chair, was Izabella. "Don't just stand there." She said standing up. I walked over and put my arms around her. A tear of joy rolled down my cheek. "You have no idea how good it  feels to be in your arms." She said smiling. I squeezed. "Okay,girls, we have a guest tonight. Mike's girlfriend has been here all day." Uncle James said. I helped set the table and get dinner on the table as Izabella and Uncle James finished buttering te rools. The twins were playing under the table. "Hey, go get your brother." Aunt Missy told them. Within minutes, they returned. I looked at  Mike and he nudged me. But, as i looked at his girlfriend,a look of dismay appeared on my face. It was Priscilla. I looked at Izabella. "Bathroom now." She mouthed. I followed her into there. "Why is she here? We have to tell Mike. She's cheating on him with that Ricky guy. I can't believe-." I spoke fast. Izabella leaned up and kissed me. "That was a nice way of telling me to shut up." I laughed. "I love you too." She said smiling. Ignoring my injured leg, I picked her up and spun her around. A few minutes later,Aunt Missy knocked on the door."I don't wanna know whats going on in there but we have dinner to eat." She said. At the table, I ended up sitting in between Izabella and Priscilla. "I just wanna say that im so happy to finally meet Mike's family." Priscilla said. "Over the last two years, he has described you guys so well!" The food danced around the table to everybody pretty quickly. "How was school today, babe?" Izabella asked me. I gulped. "I got in a fight." I said. Uncle James gave me a look. "Over what?" He asked. "She made a comment about Izabella then she spit in my face." I said. Izabella rubbed my injured thigh. "Who was the girl?" She asked. "Frankie." I said as i heard Priscilla gasp under her breath. After dinner, Aunt Missy asked if Priscilla wanted to stay, she said yes. Back in our bedroom, Izabella and i  talked. "What the hell is she thinking? We have to tell Mike. She's crazy for thinking she'd get away with this." I was pacing back and forth angrily. Izabella answered the door after a small knock sounded. Priscilla walked in and closed the door behind her. She sat inthe chair, we sat on the bed. "I assume you guys want some answers." She said but we didn't say anything. "I'm only with Ricky for appearences sake. Neither one of are happy. Mike doesn't know and I have not slept with anybody besides him. But I am going to call Ricky and officially end it tonight." I gave her a look. "So what the hell do you have against Izabella and I's relationship?" I asked, snapping without trying. "I have nothing against you guys. They had a problem with it so I kinda had to jump on the bandwagon." After she finished, there was a knock on the door. "Can i have my girlfriend back now?" Mike said peering his head in. They left. "So now what do we do?" Izabella asked me. "Well you have to stay home for a few days and i hate school so I'll stay with you which means we don't have to go to bed too early." I said. "We can stay up for awhile." I added. "Doing what exactly?" She asked. "I don't know. What do you want to do?" I asked laughing. She didn't answer, instead she bit her lip. Taking the hint, i kissed her. She leaned back while tugging me on top of her. My heart started beating fast and my breathing became heavy. "Are you sure?" I asked her. "Yes. I love you." "I love you too." She pulled my lips down to hers.