Chapter 4

The next morning, when I walked out into the living room, I saw Lacey sprawled out on the couch. Stevie, next to her, her body all akimbo. Aunt Missy was in the kitchen, making breakfast. When I sat down, she slid me a cup of coffee. I gave her a strange look. "What? You've never had coffee before?" When I shook my head, she continued. "Well, go on. Try it." I took a sip of the morning beverage. "It's too sweet." I said making a face. She pushed another cup of coffee in my direction. Taking the hint, I picked it up and took a sip. "Ahh, that's better." I said while chugging the rest. I didn't know it was my uncles cup. We laughed. She poured him a new cup, as well as me. Izabella walked into the kitchen. I stood up and hugged her. When I leaned in for a kiss, she leaned away. "My morning breath is terrible." I nudged her. I let her sit on my lap. She picked up my cup and took a sip. "You like it bitter?" She said, making a face. "I don't." Aunt Missy laughed and handed her a sweetened cup. "Here, sweetie." She said. Mike entered the kitchen. "Mike, there's more ladies living here now. You can't walk around half naked in your boxers anymore." We simply laughed it off. My uncle left for work before any of us got up. After we cleaned up the breakfast mess, we decided to watch a movie. Well Mike just want to play video games so it was just us girls in the living room. "How'd you girls sleep last night?" Aunt Missy asked. "Like babies mommy!" The twins answered. "You are babies." I said laughing. "I slept okay. I woke up a few times but it was nothing." Izabella kissed my cheek. "I slept good. I had a bad dream but fell right back asleep because I was next to her." She answered, winking at me. "So girls, your uncle and I were talking and we've decided you're going to go to a new school. Conemaugh Valley and Richland are just too far." We were excited." There's a meeting tomorrow. We'll hopefully know by tonight whether you'll be starting sooner than later." We continued to watch the movie. My uncle came home around seven and we ate dinner. "I would've been home sooner but I rescheduled the school meeting to today. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Miss, but I didn't feel it was that important for you to be there. It was actually pretty boring." He said. "By the way, girls, your first day is tomorrow." I almost choked on a carrot but I smiled. After dinner, we did our chores and got ready for bed. "Babe?" I said to Izabella who was just finishing up in the shower. "Yeah?" She said. "Are you nervous about tomorrow?" "Kinda. Are you?" "Not really." I said but I lied through my teeth. I was terrified. At my old school, I didn't care or pay attention. But I was determined to change that. Izabella drifted off to sleep around eleven but I couldn't fall asleep until around twelve. At 5:30, the alarm blared. I reached over and smashed it. "C'mon ladies! Time for school!" My uncle yelled as he came in and turned on the light. "Okay, we're up." I said putting a pillow over my face. He left. I decided to wear my red plaid shirt and my white tank top underneath with blue jeans. My dark brown hair straight on my shoulders. Izabella was wearing a black plaid shirt with white jeans. Her curly hair looking fabulous. My uncle drove us to school, any other day we would ride J-3. There were students everywhere. My nerves kicked in. I took a few deep breaths and was fine. As we walked into Greater Johnstown High School, my uncle walked us to the office. He told the secratary who we were and then he left for work. A few minutes later, the principal, Mr. Matthews, came in. "Hello ladies." He shook our hands, his grip firm. He handed us our schedules. We had every class together except homeroom. He walked us to our homerooms. I had Mrs. Steele and Izabella had Mr. Timers. The other students were staring at me. As the bell rang, I was lost. But I found my first period. It was English, taught by Mr. Clant. "Hey, I missed you." I said kissing Izabella's cheek. A couple students looked but nobody really noticed us. Mr. Clang walked in. "Okay, class, we have two new students. Rocquelle and Izabella." Now everybody noticed us. I felt lost the entire period. I noticed a boy sitting by himself. He looked at us a few times. Mr. Clant handed us a composition book each. He said "There's a bellringer everyday up on the board. You can start tomorrow." The bell rang. In our second period, we had Mrs. Beavers for history. There was about fourteen or fifteen kids in the class. Six were huddled together and the others were scattered. A girl that was in the group looked at us and then whispered. By my surprise,she for up and stood in front of us for a minute. She pulled up a desk and sat down. "My name's Priscilla. I'm the most popular girl in school. I'm head of the cheer leading and dance team. My friends and I were talking and we've decided you both are way too beautiful to not be our friends. Why don't you come sit with us?" She said her, her voice calm and her stare deadly. We got up ans sat with her friends. "Thus is Sam. He's on the football team. This is Frankie. My best friend. She's on the dance team.." Priscilla went on and on about her friends. Finally the bell rang. That's the only class we have with her. At lunch it seems we had no choice but to sit with them. After eating, Izabella got a stomach ache. I put my arms around her. "Why are you sitting like that?" Ricky asked. Of course I'm not gonna lie. "She's my girlfriend." He made a face. "Do you have a problem with it?" I asked. He never answered, Priscilla did. "We are an anti-homo clique. You'll need to find somewhere else to sit." The lunch bell rang. In our last classes, I held Isabella's hand. People stared but they'll get used to it. My aunt picked us up. "So girls, how was school.?" She asked in a pleasant voice. "Well we made friends with the popular kids but we lost them as quickly as we got them." I said. "Why, Dear?" Aunt Missy asked. "Because we're a same sex couple." I said as we reached an intersection. I reached over to rub Isabella's back but everything went dark. A green jeep hit us on our left side.

Sorry for any mistakes. Comment?