Soulmate? | part 2

Phil enters in the structure that now he knows perfectly. doctors are good there, and they tried everything to fix his mess but it's a thing that you can't.. just fix. so when he finds a free chair he sits down and waits.

"I'm going to do something, can I take you home later and leave you alone now?" Cat asks looking at the new decorations in the room.

"yeah, okay." Phil just answers playing with his phone.

"call me if you need something." Cat smiles and goes away.

Phil doesn't know what to do now, he surely will be annoyed. it's okay. someone enters in the room, he can feel it by the sounds.

"come on it's embarrassing and I can do it alone!" a male voice (he guesses) says.

"I just want to help you, shut up." this time a formale voice answers making Phil giggle. he feels some movements and he thinks that someone seated next to him, in fact the voices are now nearest. "I'll leave you alone now, call me when-"

"thank god," Dan answers ironically. "bye."

"she was just trying to help you." Phil says.

"sorry?" Dan turns around. "oh, hi. I didn't imagine there was someone."

"it's okay." he giggles slightly.

"I'm not good with conversations, I've never had one with another person in weeks." Dan sobs.

"are you blind too?"

"yeah."

"good."

"it's a shit. I want to see colors again."

"what do you mean with again?" Phil asks confused.

"I wasn't born like this, and I know what colors looks like."

"can you explain me it?"

"me? uh, I don't think-" he tries to say but Phil interrupts him.

"I know that it's hard but now you're blind so you understand what it feels like, I've never seen a color since I was born and I really want to. please."

"well." Dan giggles. "tell me a color."

"blue."

"blue? blue is cold, it reminds me of the snow and the sky. or maybe someone's eyes, I don't know. I really like blue eyes."

"I have blue eyes, I guess. Cat says me that."

"who's Cat?"

"why do you want to know it?" Phil laughs. "she helps me at home."

"I thought it was your soulmate."

"I don't have one."

"same."

"coincidences, weird."

Dan chuckles. "I am Dan."

"I'm Phil." Phil answers and raises his arm.

"what are you doing?" Dan asks confused as he feels that he's moving.

"don't people usually take other people's hand when they meet them?"