Chapter 13: Returned Memories

Start from the beginning

"Who are you," I ponder, questioning her.

She turns around making me see her face. I gasp when I see her eyes. They're fully black.

"The names Cerridwen, my dear," she gently says.

"Why are you here? Why am I here," I ask, wanting answers.

"Sweet child, I'm here because I was sealed inside you. You're here because I brought you to my world," she says.

What?!

"H-how is that e-even possible," I exclaim.

"It's a place where I live, not really a world, but a dimension I made. Enough about me, let's talk about something more important. We need to talk about you. We need to make you remember," she says.

"Remember?! Remember what," I ask, confused.

"Your memories, everything that damn man took away. He made you forget your life, your past," she seethes.

"B-but what if I don't want to remember. I mean I want to, but the people I don't. I'm happy alone, no one can hurt me," I say.

"B-but don't you want to remember your friends? Family? Lover? Don't you want to remember me, your friend," she says, almost sadly.

"I-I don't know! It's too confusing! I want things to go back to normal, but I'm afraid of what my life used to be like," I shout, scared.

"Tsuki! Do you trust me," she says, pleading.

I look at her. Her eyes show sadness, pain, love and honesty. Tears brim her eyes as she looks at me. I bite my lip in confusion. I don't know what to do, but the look in her eyes tell me everything.

"I-I don't know you..." I state.

Just as said that, her head drops solemnly. Her shoulders shake as she trembles. Her hands turn whiter as they clutch the bars of her gate.

"But, I trust you. Your eyes show me that you once knew me, the real me," I finish.

She snaps her head up to look at me, her eyes which are filled with tears glisten with happiness. A smile paints her lips as she regains hope, gratitude, and slight determination.

"Okay! Now you need to open the gate and I'll start the process of bringing back your memories. Making you, you again," she says happily, ordering me.

And that's just what I do.

×××

I wake up with a breathless gasp. I look around and find myself back at the destroyed terrain of the previous battle. Shock fills me at the outcome, there's nothing. No grass, no trees, no forest. All I see is a scorching land of dirt.

I feel a painful shock stab through my head as all my memories flash in my mind in the span of mere seconds. My head throbs at the pain, but ignore it. Clenching my fists, I grit my teeth as my anger builds up at the memory of my torture. My body starts to tremble in frustration. My nails harshly stab into my palms making them bleed streams of red.

Once I see Tobi, I'm going to KILL HIM!!!!

Fuming with anger, I stand up and stomp towards the nearby village, not wanting to return to that band of criminals. Stomping, I rip the clouded cloak off my body and burn it to ash, seething, which leaves me in my regular plain outfit.

Just you wait you damned Akatsuki! You don't want what's coming towards you!

In my moment of blind anger and my planning of revenge, I didn't see where I was going making me trip and fall on my face. Landing with a groan, I push myself up. Sitting on my knees, I turn around and spot what I tripped over. Or should I say who.