chapter 9

At the giant's castle...

Atticus bent the bars of the cage his family was in. Jessica and Patch came to him. Atticus then stepped back and ran over and jumped, grabbing onto the bars of the cage the Tanner family was in, then grunted as he bent those bars as well.

"Wow, that boy is strong." DJ said.

'"Ya think he eats his spinach?" Joey asked, imitating Popeye and even did the laugh.

"Joey, not the time." Pamela warned.

"Sorry." Joey frowned.

"You are incredible, my boy." Pamela smiled to Atticus.

Atticus Fudo at your service, ma'am," Atticus smiled back. He was then grabbed by the muscular giant. "Heeeey!" he groaned. "Lemme go!"

"You're stronger than you look!" the giant laughed as he caught Atticus in his grasp. "Perhaps your magic should be drained first." But he soon felt his fist being shaken as if Atticus was now breaking free.

"I think not!" Atticus grunted.

The giant snarled to him.

Drell and Cherry were now at the door.

"How can we get in?" Cherry asked.

"SKIPPY!" Drell yelled out.

Skippy then appeared and saluted his friend. Drell then picked him up in his arms, walked back and ran with a battle cry and used Skippy as a battering ram to open the door. But the door was soon knocked down from the inside. Skippy was then crushed slightly underneath the door.

"Way to go, Skippy..." Drell walked on top of the door. "Come on, Cherry, we got work to do! ...Cherry?"

Cherry tried to tiptoe away.

"Cherry..." Drell growled.

"Uh, I was just gonna make sure the air's okay..." Cherry smiled nervously.

They then heard the giant's groan of pain. Drell then grabbed Cherry by her hood and dragged her inside the hideout.

"Do you give up?!" Atticus glared at the giant. "Let my family and the Tanners go!"

"Okay! Okay!" The muscular giant said out of fear.

"You better keep that promise..."Atticus glared.

"That boy is amazing..." Drell smiled in admiration to Atticus. "He's like the son I've always wanted..."

The muscular giant soon got the two houses with the two families inside back to where they were.

"Now, you're not taking anybody's magic!" Atticus glared. "I'll be back!"

"Uh, yes, sir..." the giant nodded to him.

"Good." Atticus nodded before getting stepped on by the giant, thinking he crushed him.

"ATTICUS!" Cherry screamed, then fell to her knees and looked sad. "No..." she then started to cry.

"Wow, you really care about that boy..." Drell noted. "I didn't think you'd get that upset."

"OF COURSE I'M UPSET!" Cherry glared with tears in her eyes. "THAT WAS THE FIRST FRIEND I'VE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE! HE COULD'VE HAD ANYBODY, BUT HE CHOSE FOR ME TO BE HIS FRIEND, HE'S PRACTICALLY MY BROTHER!"

"Now where...Whoa!" The muscular giant began to feel his foot being lifted up.

Cherry kept bawling as she thought Atticus was dead now.