Second phase compleated

After spending the rest of the day helping Minato, I head home and get some sleep. The next day I wake up and get into the same outfit I had for the first phase of the exam. Time for phase two, let's see if they're tough enough. I head to the village gates, once Satotz arrives I greet him with a smile, he would give me one back if he had a mouth; it's so weird but I best not ask, not after last time. Minato arrives and the other teams start arriving after, when everyone's here I stand straight with Minato and Satotz behind me.

"I hope everyone took my little hint because today all of you will run, I will give all of you a chance to back out now as this phase consists of two parts. Part one will be a safe root that will do nothing other than tire you out and maybe mess with your state of mind. However, part two is a dangerous root with monsters and maybe a few enemies. You are very likely going to die but this is why you have a team, you are to protect your team, if one person in your team doesn't pass then your whole team is out. If you don't pass the phase but are lucky enough to live then at the end of the phase someone will come and find you as soon as possible and you will hopefully be alive." A few teams decided to not do the second phase but most teams remained. "Alright, 186 team for the second phase of the exam. I'll wait for you all at the end of root. I wish you good luck, you'll need it." I walk away with Minato behind me, leaving the second phase to Satotz.

LOL! NO!!! There's no way on the planet that I'm missing this, I need to keep an eye on everyone. I may be an examiner but that doesn't mean I can't keep my friends alive. After walking back into the village I tell Minato I need to go somewhere and once I'm out of his sight I sneak out to keep an eye on the group. At first they all run along the safe path at a normal jogging pace, soon enough Satotz speeds up his walking and everyone following needs to run to catch up. What Satotz is known for is the fact he has no mouth but mostly because he has incredible speed, just by walking, personally I find it very useful. Through the time in the safe path a lot of people have passed out, luckily my friends are still moving. I made the safe path for more than speed and endurance; I made it to test the student's mental capability, you see, they've been running straight but it seems as though they've been running in circles since everything looks the same, they also don't know how long they've been running or how much longer they need to run for, this will drive them insane and into doubt, ending in them giving up or not having enough faith to carry on. When the first half of the phase finished all my friends are finding it fine, if not easy. Show offs, they're not going to find the next half that easy. I quietly laugh but quickly stop and mentally scold myself as I remember Gon has excellent hearing. He looks my way and sees me in a tree, I put my finger to my lips, motioning him to keep quiet and luckily he does so.

Satotz heads off for the next half of the phase after giving everyone a rest. Within 3 minutes off the second half it starts to get misty, thanks to Satotz's powers and people start to get attacked by monsters and animals. My friends are able to fend for themselves, I'm enjoying the show as I watch Gon and Killua get... swallowed... by a giant frog... okay then? Luckily for them, Kurapika was able to beat them out of there and they carried on going. As normal Naruto and Sasuke have to protect Sakura, I love her and all but she can be pretty useless. At some point ... I should say A LOT of the time Al stops to help a kitty, he has a good heart but it could get him killed one day, lucky that Ed dragged him away and Winry beat the monsters the cats turned into.

I watch as Satotz stops at the finish line and times everyone on their arrival. When it's time for the phase to finish I realise it didn't take as long as I thought it would and there are more people then I was hoping for, I'm just happy all my friends came out with only a couple of cuts and bruises. When the timer runs out and Minato arrives at the finish line I take my queue to make myself known. I jump out the tree I was hiding in and people gain a look of shock.

"Were you up there the whole time?" Sakura... when will you stop questioning me?

"No, I was following all of you." Minato and Satotz give me a look saying 'you said you wouldn't'. "I know I said I wouldn't but I really couldn't miss the show, plus I stopped random people from dying, they did fail but didn't die." I smile innocently and they just 'sigh' it off.

"Everybody, congratulations on finishing the second phase of the chunin exam! You have tomorrow to train and then the third phase will be on two days! Use your time wisely! You are dismissed!" Minato takes my speech and everyone goes their separate ways once inside the village gates, I'm so nice, making the phase end at the gates. End of second phase, 104 teams passed; let's see how they handle the next phase.