chapter 1 ✽vidcon promise?

before you start reading, let's do this thing where everyone comments the time, date and location that they start reading this story (like this):

8:46
11 october
arizona

enjoy....

////

"hurry up Beth, I want to see Our Journey!" Sara continued to pester me, as she had done so for the past twenty minutes. a youtube collaboration channel had tweeted about a surprise meet and greet almost half an hour ago, and Sara couldn't sit down for any longer than ten seconds before she started freaking out again. she was determined to meet some of her favourite youtubers, and she'd decided that that she was going to drag me along with her.

"relax! we can get going once I lock the front door" I yelled back at her, attempting to get my house keys into the keyhole, text my worried mum about where I was, and settle my thoughts, all at the same time.

"are we talking a cab or walking, hun?" I asked Sara, looking down at my watch.

"it's too far to walk, so I called for an uber about fifteen minutes ago. it should be here sometime soon." she replied, and an uber cab pulled up minutes later, just as she had said so.

we got in, and Sara told the driver about the location of the meet and greet. I watched her fingers as they wouldn't stop fidgeting on her lap.

I decided to ask her questions to distract her from the meet and greet, and hopefully calm her down a little. "how many people are in our journey again? what are their names?"

I watched as she visible relaxed, and her eyes began to glisten. "well there's seven of them. there's weston, ariel, zach, brennen, mario, nick and loren. let me tell you about them all one by one. weston is a cute, sexy, charming, funny, muscular, hot and hunky gentleman. ariel is-" she started rambling, and I zoned out after a while.

"-ma'am, sorry to interrupt you but we've arrived." the driver explained apologetically, and we got out of the cab once we'd paid.

Sara dragged my along with her by the arm as she frantically ran around the shopping centre. "they're all scattered around the shopping centre, but I think some of them are over there" she said excitedly, pointing to a group of girls who were crowded around a few teenagers (who I couldn't quite see the faces of).

"is it okay if you go around finding them, and I do some holiday shopping?" I asked her awkwardly, trying not to sound rude.

she nodded. "sure. I'll message you in a few hours."

"love you, and stay safe!" I shouted over my shoulder as I turned away from her and towards some of the stores that I liked to shop at. any other time, I wouldn't have minded meeting these people, but I could feel a headache starting to hit in- and I'm sure screaming fangirls wouldn't have helped my headache.

after going into a few stores, my phone battery was almost down to ten percent, so I started looking around for a plug socket so that I could charge my phone. if my phone died, I wouldn't be able to text Sara afterwards: that wouldn't be good.

I spotted a dark haired guy around my age sat on the floor near a plug socket, and walked up to him. "hey," I began, in an attempt to catch his attention.

he looked up and smiled. "hi, do you want a photo?"

"umm.. I just wanted to ask if you know whether there were any other plug sockets nearby.." I trailed off, a little confused as to why he'd asked that.

"oh" he laughed, turning a deep tint of red. "I don't think so, but you can just use this socket with my charger- my phone is charged enough now anyway" he offered.

why did he turn red? why did he think I wanted a photo with him? haha, is he famous or something?

wait a second.

crap.

oh no.

please tell me this guy is not one of those people from Our Journey.

I sat down next to him and mumbled a quick thank you. we conversed for a short while and soon, four guys and two girls came up to us. I just assumed that they were the rest of the members from Our Journey: the guys and girls all introduced themselves to me, since I (embarrassingly) didn't know who any of them were. they all seemed like pretty cool people.

after checking the time, I stood up and began to hug them all before I left. "I should probably get going now. It was nice meeting you all."

I turned to walk away, when I felt a hand on my shoulder and heard a rushed 'wait'. I spun back around and looked up at Mario expectantly. "so we have a Vidcon event this weekend, you should come to it."

"fine, I guess." I shrugged.

"no you have to promise." he insisted.

"promise," I laughed before I texted Sara to meet me in front of the shopping centre, and we made our way home with her constantly squealing "I met them! I met them all! can you believe it?" and showing me photos of her with the people I had spoken to earlier. she began to freak out and hyperventilate when I explained the 'plug socket incident' to her.

////

hey wassup hello