Come Play With Me

pic of Lacey's doll dress:

A/N: I couldn't resist, I just had to upload another chapter :) P.S. I have added a music video for each chapter, if you'd like to listen to them :)

I stared at the deserted cases in disbelief. It wasn't possible. Dolls couldn't do this. Dolls weren't like people where they could move all on their own. I turned back to the camera - it had run out of tape before it could show the dolls coming back in the room. So where were they?

I suddenly became very scared. A chill ran down my spine as I rose back to my feet. Slowly, I turned to the door. I had an awful feeling. Taking a deep breath, I went to the door and opened it so I could see through the crack. I expected a porcelain face to pop out at me, but no. The hall was empty. I opened the door some more and stuck my head out so I could see the stairs. They, too, were empty of dolls. I opened the door wider and slipped out of the room, keeping close to the wall.

My eyes were wide, and I was tense, just waiting to hear the pitter patter of tiny feet, or the sound of breaking glass, or my dad screaming out. 

I reached the stairs and started down them. "Dad?!" I called out.

There was a soft thud in reply.

"Dad?!"

Another thud. 

I couldn't tell where it was coming from, but it sounded close. Where was he? "Dad!" I shouted.

Another thud was followed by the sound of a few more thuds, and clanking metal.

The kitchenI thought. I ran off to the kitchen, but he wasn't there. I went further into the room, by the back door. I was about to unlock it, when I heard the ruffling of clothes scrapping against the floor behind me. I turned around, my hair whipping around me. In the corner of the door way - that I had just came from - stood Anise, Elizabeth, and Rosemary - she was my most elegant doll, with her peach colored lacy ruffly dress with an elaborated beaded design and pearl necklace and earrings. Nothing was supporting them. They just stood there. Free.

I went to take a small step back and Elizabeth's smal head slowly followed my movement. I held a hand to my mouth, muffling a surprised squeak. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. This couldn't be happening. They were dolls!

Anise took a few steps towards me, arms stretched out. Her lips didn't move, but I could hear her soft, haunting voice, like music coming out of a music box, "Play with us, Lacey. Come play with me." Her glass eyes stared at me, unblinking.

"Come play with us!" said the other two.

Anise continued to come closer.

"No!" I shouted. I flung my hands to my ears. "Leave me alone!'

"Play with us!" They continued to say in their chilling, melodic voices.

I dropped my hands and stared at them for a short time, then bolted past them and back up the stairs to my room, locking the door. I could hear the small footsteps coming up the stairs and to the bedroom door.

"We just want to play," they all said at once. It sounded like there were more than three now.

I choked back a sob. "Dad!" I shouted.

They mocked me. "Dad!" Then another, it sounded like Anise, said in a dark tone, "Daddy's gone. He didn't want to play."

I backed away from the door.

There was a click. The door pushed open and revealed the dolls. I grabbed a shoe, holding it up. They started to come in and I jumped on my bed.

"Leave me alone!"

Rosemary smiled and started climbing up the sheet. I hurriedly smacked her with my shoe, causing her to fly across the room and crashing into the wall, cracking her delicate porcelain face. The other dolls looked at her in shock, then at me with glares.

Anise went to the dollhouse and went inside. As quickly as she went in, she came out, something in her hands that wasn't her present. "Time to play with us," she demanded darkly.

Before I had time to react, they dolls came at me all at once. I tried to smack them off, successfully breaking some of their porcelain bodies. One of them was pulling my hair as others were holding my face down into the blankets. I couldn't breathe.

My vision became blurry and the dolls' laughter became muffled. I soon found myself in complete darkness.

When I came to, my body was stiff. I felt.... hard. My eyes felt dry and sore. I looked down at myself. I was sitting. My arms were at my sides and my legs were stretched out in front of me. I was wearing a ruffly dress that reached my knees and my feet were covered by dress shoes. I looked at my surrounding. I was in some sort of glass cage. Something moved in front of me. Anise. She held a smirk that quickly melted into a frown. "Now," she said, "you will play with me."

A/N: One more chapter to go!! I'm most likely upload this weekend. Again, I have added a song video to each chapter if you'd like to listen :)