The Exstacy Of Love | Chapter 27

5 hours to prom

"Your sure we don't have to set up?" I ask Alex and Brian. And they nod there head. "The school is setting it all up. And we're Only playing 5 songs then there gonna use the stereo so we have 2 songs to dance to." Brian said fixing his tie. I nodded my head and went into my closet and changed Into my dress and came out and asked Alex to zip me up.

"Thanks." I say and start to curl my hair and do my makeup. It takes us all right up to half an hour before prom to be done, done our outfits and done taking pictures downstairs for my parents.

Alex was meeting his date at the school. "Okay let's go." I say and we all get into my car and we were off.

We pull into the school parking lot and Brian and Alex both offer me their arms and we walk in to the school heading for the gym. But, not before we get our pictures taken at the front door.

Supposedly the theme for prom was a night to remember, I know how original, but it actually looked really nice. There were like Christmas lights all over our heads. The colour scheme was white, black, purple, and silver. To say the least it looked very elegant and dark. I liked it.

Alex spotted his date right away and went off to go see her. "You ready for this." I turned to Brian. "Ready for our whole school to finally find out were in a band, yep." He spoke smiling. I shook my head. "That too. But I meant are we really ready to finally be done school. I mean we've been at school for 12 years. Isn't it gonna be hard to just stop the routine you've done for the past 12 years." I say.

Brian just stares at me. "I...never thought of that." He says. "I honestly don't think I can just brush it off or anything. I know I used to say I couldn't wait for high school to end, but now that it's here...I'm terrified." I confess. I feel Brian pull me into a hug and rub my back.

"We can be terrified together." He says pulling back. I give him a smile and my eyes wonder behind him, where I see Alexa, and another girl, holding hands. Brian notices my glum expression and turns around and Alexa sees us and starts walking up to us.

I hold my breath till she speaks. "Hey guys. This is Joana. Joana, this is Brian and Lynn." She says gesturing to us. I give her a side smile and keep my eyes anywhere but on the pair. "Hey, we should get ready." Brian says pulling us away from the awkwardness.

I looked back when we were almost at the stage and Alexa was still watching me. I tore my eyes away and they landed on the stage. "Where have they kept these all this time." I say getting up on stage and touching the keyboards and basically everything else.

Brian just chuckled at me. I was in love with this set up. I pointed at Alex for Brian to go get him. And he did. I was checking out all the connections when I felt someone watching me. I slowly looked behind me and saw Alexa. "Hey." She said and I slowly stood up. "Hey." I said very vaguely

"Are we still on to play a song together?" She asked. "I don't know. Your dates not gonna be bored without you?" I said looking at her date by the punch table. I felt her hands touch my chin and make me face her. "She's not my date." She said looking me in the eyes. I hated this feeling. I was always the one who was trying to win her back. "I thought you weren't ready." I said taking in a deep breath.

"I...we have to set up." I said moving my head out of her hands and heading towards the mic. I basically just fooled with the wires till I heard Alexa leave. I turned to see her gone and I wiped a stray tear away and the guys got on stage. "Okay guys. Gemini, Mind Over Matter, Demon Limbs, Waking Up, and then...Rain with Alexas band okay." I said telling them our set list we practiced. We looked to the principle who was backstage and gave us the okay to start up.

We turned everything on, and we hit a few keys on the keyboard which got the students attention. "Hey guys, we are Paris and our EP is for sale over on the left." I said pointing to the corner of the gym. "Who's ready to dance!" I yelled into the mic and Brian and Alex started the guitar and bass for Gemini.

Cori wasn't here so we decided all 3 of us would yell/sing his part. And damn did it sound soo good.

We were half way through our set and it was getting super hot already. I did slip my high heels off so I could jump around a lot more. My dress was actually cooling. The guys though. They took they're jackets off and they still looked really hot.

The crowd really liked us and I took a glimpse at Alexa every now and then. Dancing with Sam and that girl. It bothered me so much. But then again I did pull away when we could've kissed.

The guitar for Waking Up faded out slowly and I walked up to the mic. "Who's having fun!" I yelled and I got a lot of cheers. "This is gonna be our last song and I'm gonna need some help from Love, Robot!" I yelled and I saw Alexa look up and eye me. I gave her a smile and she and her band mates came up and they plugged in.

"This song is called Rain!" I yelled when they were all ready and we started our final song.

•••

I stood by our booth where we were selling our EP. We actually sold 35, which I think is actually pretty great. A lot of people came up to me and the boys asking if we were really in a band.

I saw Alexa come walking up to me. I put the things I was holding down and went speed walking up to her. She kinda faltered in her step as she saw me. I reached her and before she could say anything I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into a deep kiss.

I pulled back slowly and I watched her eyes slowly open. "I love you." I said holding her still. "I..I love you to." She said finally. I heard the music from the stereo slow down. This was the last song. I grabbed Alexas hand and kissed it. "May I have this dance." I said in a accent. I heard her chuckle.

"Yes you goof."