Another Brain To Decay | Chapter 24

I pushed my way through the school halls which were littered with people hanging posters for prom. People mostly talked about how they were going to prom; with who, what they were wearing, how they got asked, how that night was the night for couples.

I hung my head and walked towards my locker which was currently being blocked by yet another couple who put this huge dance routine together to ask out each other to prom.

I rolled my eyes and just kept walking. I walked to the library and sat down in the very back of the stacks and let out a big sigh as if all my problems would go away.

I pulled out my headphones and played Explosions by Ellie Goulding (srsly check it) I just felt like really empty. I don't know if it because soon I won't have school anymore, my routine for the last 12 years will stop. Or if It's because I won't be going to prom with the one person I wanted to go with.

The song played in my ears over and over again, maybe 6 times before I realized it mightve been on repeat, but it didn't bother me. I was really empty and the song spoke to me.

'It's okay to be afriad, but it won't ever be the same'

The song finally finished for the 7th time and I turned my phone off and tossed it across from me. I stood up and decided to not dwell on it. I felt this surge go through me and I got that creative spark. I quickly pulled my lyric book out of my bag and I spent the whole first half of school writing down songs.

●●●

I finished the last song that I was writing and quickly titled it Fire. It was mainly about me and what I did. I grabbed my phone and saw that there was like 10 minutes left of school, I really thought I only spent half of the school day in here.

I grabbed my things and walked out of the library to be met with Alex and Brian. "Hey, so we can work on the final song for the EP today, and the single will be released tomorrow, and we could film a music video." Brian said reading off his phone to us. Which I'm assuming was Coris text.

"Sweet. Which song will we film the music video for?" I asked walking to my car with the boys. "How about the heartless? It feels like the most powerful song." Alex said and we all agreed.

We arrived at his place and all got out and Cori was already here setting up and finishing up the single. "Let's get to work." I said as I grabbed my lyric book and hoped in the homemade recording booth. "Okay, last song is Only Love." I told them and we all played once together then recorded the parts separately.

It didn't take long at all. We really know what we want and what sounds good. I walked over towards Cori. "So guys. The single could actually go up right now." I smiled at the boys and I quickly logged into the band account 9n twitter and told the few fans that something was coming there way soon.

"Yeah, let's do it right now." I said all excited. Cori did his magic and a few hours later our single was up on iTunes under Paris. I tweeted to the fans from the band account and my own. We all cheered together and Alex pulled out a champagne bottle from behind the couch and we all gave him a funny look.

"What? We're celebrating!"He said. And popped the cork off. We all cheered and just passed the bottle around.

Today went from me feeling empty to feeling estatic. "Okay guys. Congratulations, but we gotta finish this EP. Now I think I could have this up in a little over 2 weeks." I looked at the boys. "Thank you soo much Cori, you've really helped us." I said and we all gave him a hug and went back to work.

●●●

The next day

I was sitting in Math class when the intercom went off interupting the teacher. "Lyndsey Gunnsulfen, Brian Macdonald, and Alex Babinski to the office." I looked up when I heard my name being called. Everyone's eyes were on me.

I grabbed my things and quickly left the room to be met with Alex and Brian walked by. I don't know how I just always meet them. It's like we have magnets that just draw us to each other.

"Why are we being called to the office?" I asked them and they shrugged. We reached the office and we're told to just walk in and sit down and the principle will be right in. I told the seat to the far left and then Alex and Brian. We sat there for about 2 minis before the big guy walked and and sat down and just stared at us.

He stared at us for about 3 minutes then went to grab his phone and started doing somthing on it. He then placed it on the table and pressed the screen and all of a sudden Gemini, our song started playing. I looked at the guys and scrunched my brows.

I looked back at the principle. "Uh...what's going on?" I asked. The principal started to slow clap. "You guys are pretty good." He said and I swear all of our eyes went wide and I couldn't belive it.

"Sir, you the first principle I know who has a good taste in music." I said smiling, feeling accomplished. "So, our usual dj has bailed on us, I guess you could say, and now I have to find a replacement." He paused. "Will you guys like to play at prom, you'll get paid the same amout as what we would usually pay the dj, $3000." He said and stopped.

I looked at the boys with the widest smile. It would be our first gig. I saw the smile on their face and knew exactly what I was gonna say next.

"We'll do it."

A/N NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST

jk.