Maybe I Should Be More Like Her | Chapter 19

A/N Extra long chapter for my lack of updating and the last two crappy chapters ♡

"That was a great practice guys." I said wrapping up the mic cord and placing it with Alexs other things in his basement. Brian and Alex high fived each other then started putting things away.

"Any word on our cd?" Alex said unplugging his keyboard. I shook my head. "Nope." It's been months since the concert and still no word. I sighed and took a seat on the couch Alex had down here and pulled my phone out.

'Come around to mine after your practice.'
-Alexa

I let a small smile out and sat up. "I'll catch you guys at school tomorrow I gotta head to Alexas." I said standing up and putting my leather jacket on. "Hey, don't forget to write those songs." Brian said before I left the basement. I yelled out a okay and started my way to Alexas.

It was a short walk. Maybe it only felt short cause it was quite breezy today and not the usual scorching hot temperatures it is when I wear my leather jacket. I reacher her door and I was about to knock when I heard music coming from the basement. I walked around back and opened the basement door.

I walked in on Alexa and and few other people I haven't met before and Sam was in the couch facing me and the others who were playing a song. She smiled as soon as she saw me and got up and walked to me and gave me a hug. "Your all sweaty." She said as she pulled away.

"I just finished band practice and walked over, what's going on here." I asked. "Your in a band too now? Wow first Alexa now you." My eyes shifted to Sam. "What do you mean first Alexa. I was in my band months ago." I said "Oh, well this is Alexas band. Love, Robot." I gave a small smile and walked around to the front and as soon as Alexa saw me she stopped and gave me a hug.

"Suprise!" She yelled. "Your in a band to now?" I asked. "Well u figured you'd be busy a lot so I started one too." She smiled and introduced me to her band mates but I zoned out and didn't hear one word. I was happy for her really. I was super annoyed with it to though. I pulled her to the side to talk to her. "I..I'll catch you tomorrow at school okay? I'm gonna go home." I said and as she leaned in to give me a kiss I kinda pulled back. I don't even know why.

She gave me this look I've never seen before. I was afriad of what would happen next so I just walked out and went home. I walked the long way home and about half way home I got a text from Jenna.

'Can you come around mine? I have some bad news.'
-Jenna Bug

I typed back an okay and turned around and started my way to hers. I got to her front door and noticed a for sale sign on her front lawn as I waited for someone to answer the door. Soon the door opened and Jenna stood there with a box in her arms.

"Why is there a for sale sign in the front lawn?" I blurted out. She sign and motioned for me to come in. She placed the box down and sat me down on the couch. "I'm moving to Australia." She said and my heart sank. "W-when." I asked afraid of the answer. "I'm heading out Friday." "Friday. That's in two days." I said standing up.

"I know. I'm so sorry. I would've told you sooner but I was afraid." She said putting her face in her hands. I sat back down and hugged her. "Afraid of what?" I asked. She looked up at me which was extremely close to mine. She opened her mouth to say somthing then her eyes drifted down to my lips. "I was afraid of what I'd do." She said, her eyes flickering from my lips and eyes.

I knew what was happening. And honestly it's felt like a long time coming. I noticed Jenna leaning in and I knew what this would mean. I'd be a cheater. I watched as her lips came closer to mine until they finally reaches mine and my eyes finally closed. I knew I liked Jenna. I knew Jenna liked me. And I didn't know why I was cheating right now and not stopping.