Nine

Chapter Nine

Deja Wilson

This can't be happening. The uber driver purposely drove past my destination, continuing the drive, to either get more money out of me, or kidnap me.

"Excuse me sir, you passed the hotel."

He didn't respond. Instead, an evil smirk came upon his face as we watched me through the front view mirror.

"Hello?" I rose my voice, trying to stay calm but couldn't.

I texted Katie, in case anything bad happened.

Me: Help me! This uber drivers trying to kill me, he passed our hotel on purpose and is giving me a weird look.

Katie: Stop being a baby. Have Jack pick you up, because I'm not

Me: Please no.

Katie: Here I'll text him for you.

Me: YOU BETTER NOT!

Katie: Too late, tell the driver to pull over and you'll walk.

Me: I hate you sometimes. I don't want Jack to pick me up!

Katie: Well he is, so goodbye

--

Of course Jack has to pick me up. She just won't let it go, the fact that I hate him. Fuck.

"Please stop the car, I'll walk."

No response.

"Stop the car, now! I won't pay you if you don't," I demanded, trying to open the door but of course it was locked.

He looked back at me with the creepiest grin across his face, "You can't leave gorgeous."

What. The. Hell.

"My boyfriends on his way with the cops, let me out now!"

He rose his eyebrow, still not saying anything, "I guess if I have to."

He unlocked the car door, letting me out.

"Also, I'm not paying you," I stated, racing out of the car as if he was a serial killer.

I watched the uber driver drive away, almost hitting two cars during the process. Who knows what could've happened if I wouldn't have said anything.

"Are you okay ma'am?" A random guy walked up to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you," I walked towards the McDonald's parking lot, totally ignoring the street guy who just approached me. I wanted to be close to an obvious place.

I couldn't get Jack out of my mind. I'm hating myself for saying I hate him. Because I don't.

Last night was special, although we where both drunk. And I don't see why we can't continue this friendship.