Seven

Chapter Seven

Katie

"Are you sure you don't want to come in? I think you guys should work it out," I forced a smile, really wanting Deja to come inside with me. The thing is, If they avoid each other, how are Conor and I going to work?

"If you say one more thing about Jack I'm going to slap you," She growled seriously, "Even worse, I'll abandon you."

"Ha, no you wouldn't," I folded my arms, "I just make a good point."

"What point?" She snapped, "You're worried Conor is going to break up with you because Jack's upset?"

"No! This whole trip we won't be able to hang out with them because you're being stubborn!"  I made a pretty good point like I said. I just wish she'd understand where I'm coming from.

"Wow," She sarcastically chuckled, "I can't believe you! I'll go in, but you can't expect me to talk to Jack."

"So does this mean you'll forgive him for whatever he did?" I departed my lips, feeling hopeful, "But technically, it's both of your guys' faults. It's not a big deal, it happens all the time."

"It's just awkward! But no, I don't feel like talking to him right now. It's only been and hour and a half since I last saw him," She explained, exiting the car with her head dropped.

"Whatever."

I got out of the car, watching the door fly open and out popped Conor. "Katie! What are you doing here?" He gasped, running towards me.

He lifted me off the ground, spinning in circles. We shared a gentle kiss that couldn't be more perfect. "I missed you."

"I missed you too Conor," I giggled, pressing our foreheads together and smiling widely.

"Come on, get the key and let's go," Deja demanded, pretty annoyed.

"She's still upset, isn't she?" Conor whispered, glancing at Deja then back at me.

"Yeah; Okay Deja," I replied to Conor, then quickly responded to Deja.

"Hey, why don't you go get it, I need to talk to Katie," Conor smirked.

"Do I have; Fine, where is it?" She rolled her eyes.

"It's somewhere on the couch," I stated.

She groaned, running up the stairs and inside the apartment.

"Did you really need to talk to me alone?" I asked, a bit worried.

"No, I just want her and Jack to talk. He's pretty upset."

"So I heard, that sucks," I sighed, rubbing Conor's shoulder.

--

Jack Maynard

I sat on top of the kitchen counter, taking a sip of my poured glass of water. I still felt devastated, and somewhat depressed. I didn't feel like doing anything for a long time. But I didn't understand why. Deja and I barely knew each other, which is why I still don't get why I care about her.

I heard the front door open, thinking it was Conor.

"Conor, can you come here for a second?" I asked, pulling up a picture of him on my phone that I found funny.

Not getting an answer, I jumped off the counter peeking over the corner to find Deja, searching the couch.

"H-Hi," I mumbled, slowly walking towards her, "What are you doing here?"

She didn't respond. She straight up avoided me.

"Listen I know you don't want to talk to me. But I don't get why we can't be friends and forget about last night!"

She looked up at me, scowling. "I don't want to talk to you! Last night was awkward. I don't think being friends is a good idea. We live far away anyways."

Her response angered me. No, it frustrated me! "How could you be so cruel!" I rose my voice, starting to pace.

"We took our two-day friendship too far. Like I said before, It's over. I found our hotel key so goodbye," She pulled out a card/room key, sarcastically grinning then walking towards the door.

"Wait Deja!" I motioned her to stop. Running towards her quickly. She slowly looked up at me with her eyebrow rose.

I made a stupid decision. I pressed my lips against hers, giving her a kiss. "If I'm never going to see you again I might as well do that."

She departed her lips, looking like she was about to blow up with anger. And you can guess what she did next. Yep, she slapped me across the face 'so' hard! My face had a huge mark that would probably last a week.

"Fuck off!" She walked out the door, slamming it shut behind her as I held my cheek in pain.

"What was that for?" I pouted.

God, I make the worst decisions. But at least I gave her one last kiss, right?

I heard the door open once again. I quickly turned around to find Conor with his eyes widened.

"What did you do?" He shouted, walking towards me with his finger pointed.

"I-I might have kissed her, but I'm really sorry!" I frowned.

"You're ruining our relationship!"

"As in, you and Katie's relationship?" I cocked my head.

"Who else? I'm not dating Deja!" He groaned, really pissed off.

"I'm sorry, I had to! Because I'll never see her again," I looked down at my feet, holding my breath.

--

Deja's POV:

--

"You should have seen how 'angry' I was Katie! I could've killed him with my bare hands right then and there!" I groaned, explaining everything that had happened, "He makes me so mad! I can't believe he had the nerve to kiss me!"

"I'm surprised," She sighed, giving a little shrug, "But you guys did worse, so It's not that big of a deal."

"You don't understand how mad this makes me! And you're not helping by making those disruptive comments!"

She giggled, "I'm just telling the truth! You get mad at me for not speaking my mind."

"Listen! I'm not like you! I have walls! You'll go have sex with any guy in your path! I'm not like that."

"I can't believe you think that of me," She mumbled, sounding sad.

"I'm telling you the truth just like you are," I rolled my eyes, "Is that a problem?"

"You don't realize how much that hurts Deja!" Her eyes started to tear, "That is the meanest thing you've ever said to me!"

"Y-You deserve it."