Caged Heart

"I'm not quite sure how to breath,

without you here.

I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to say goodbye,

to all we were.

Be with me,

stay with me...."

- Need by: Hana Pestle

On the great plans, the mighty herds lived together in peace. At least that was before werewolves came to take their land, killing so many that blood would stain the land with red. Devin is part of the last herd, struggling to keep her people alive. She is left with only her father and little brother, but still they stand strong.

One night will change everything, forcing Devin on the run away from her dying herd. For years she morns the loss of her family, until her luck runs out. Horse catchers cage her and put her up for sell in the horse market. Devin, must face the dark cruelty of men.

Blake is the next alpha of the River Claw pack, and goes with his father to by a new horse for the ranch. As soon as he lays eyes on the black mare in the corner, he knows that's the one they are going to get. The only hard part is trying to convince his father of it. Little did he know that she would be his mate....

Devin is bought by the enemy, but how will she deal with knowing the Alpha's son is her mate? Will she ravel to Blake who she really is?

Will Blake except her from who she is? And will they be able to save the horse shifters?

Find out in Caged Heart! ;D