Ch.7

Devin's P.O.V.

I don't remember much after I left Ben's body, Storm seized control from that point on.

We flew across the long distance, pushing our legs to the point of breaking. It was dawn before we stopped at where this horrible had begun. I remember flashes of bodies, horses ripped apart by wolves, and the sight of my father's empty eyes staring back at me. Storm blocked most of what she had witnessed, but I could feel her heartbreak.

They were dead.....

Everyone I loved....

Two angry growls came from behind me, their shadows mixing into my own. That was when something inside me broke; changing the stupid girl I was into an animal with nothing but vengeance fueling her existence. There was no compassion left, no mercy that would allow an wolf to be spared.

It wasn't just about me anymore.

Turning, Storm and I faced the glowing eyes of two wolves. Their fur was matted with lingering dirt and blood, but when they met our eyes they backed up a little.

Nothing would ever be the same.

________________________________________________________________________________

My nostrils flared, taking a deep breath before I was to unleash myself upon these......vermin. It was like in that moment the sounds around me stopped and little things were intensified to an almost painful extent. I began to notice the small limp one of the dirty wolves carried, and in that moment they shared one last glance before I jumped into action.

I jumped towards the one closest to me, with only one thing in mind. Werewolves had killed my father...my brother... and now, they would all die! The wolves set forth vicious growls, and the other tried to jump on my sweaty flank. The one closest to me met me head on, opening his jaws in hopes to shred me with his pointed teeth. My front hooves fell upon the wolf, but at last second, he rushed back as to not be trampled. I turned my head to see the second wolf.

He was thrown back as I kicked him, the sound of a solid crunch gave me true pleasure. Afterward, his painful howl followed him as he landed several lengths away. In this distraction, the first wolf managed to charge me, biting into my front leg. The pain was unbearable, and a loud whinny came from me. Red clouded my vision, hot anger rushing through my veins in new resolution. If he wanted a real fight, I'd give him one.

Storm full took over then, shaking off the the pest that had hurt us. In her eyes, there was not a speck of white remaining, only revealing deep pools of hell itself. She raising onto her back hooves, throwing her head around and snorted. The challenge was accepted by the wolf lunging, his eyes set on her throat.

Let the games begin...

__________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! It has been forever since I updated, but I finally found the time to try to continue my stories. Agian, I am very sorry that I've been so dang busy. This all I can write right now, I hope to continue this chapter as soon as I can. Hope ya'll like this! Please feel free to comment and vote! Thanks ;)