Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Bleu
"I can't believe you've never been to a club before," Amy stated as she searched through her wardrobe for something that I could wear tonight, "I mean, you're from Paris."
I shrugged, "it was just never something I was into."
"Well, we'll convert you. Trust me, we always go."
"We?" I asked, "how many of you is we."
"It's normally just, Allie, Graham, Archie and me that go. Liv was never a party girl even before she met Callum. And Malcolm has...people issues and Tarna's about to burst, so they don't go, either."
I nodded, accepting that.
"So, Graham goes parting a lot," I asked, revealing my nerves.
I couldn't pretend that I wasn't nervous. I didn't know how to dance, what to wear, hell, I've barely had alcohol. So how can I impress Graham tonight if I didn't even know how to behave?
Amy nodded, "oh yeah, Graham can party me under the table any night, and that's saying something."
I swallowed, feeling my nerves only grow.
"Hey," I turned at the sound of Allie's voice as she came through the door and flopped on the bed, "what are you doin'."
"Picking out a dress for Bleu. Did you know that she's never been to a club?"
"Really?" Allie said, surprised, sitting up and now interested.
"I know. When I was twenty-one, I had been to half the clubs in New York."
"How is that possible?" I asked.
She shrugged, "I started at an early age. How about this one?"
She held out a brown, sparkly shirt that looked nice enough for me to wear.
"Okay, what type of pants do I wear?" I asked, taking the shirt.
Amy frowned, "Bleu, it's a dress."
I shook my head, knowing that she had to be lying.
"Amy, that's not even going to cover my belly lot alone anything else," I told her.
She laughed, "Oh Bleu, you really have a lot to learn. Now go put it on."
She handed me the 'dress', took me by the shoulders, turned me around before pushing me towards the bathroom.
It was definitely nice, even though it was missing half its length, sitting above my mid thighs. The silky, shiny material became a second skin and shaped my body perfectly. The plump of my breasts, around my hips and even shaped my butt which I had always tried to avoid. With my naturally straight black hair hanging over my shoulders, even I thought that I looked beautiful.
I knew that Amy had plans to put makeup on my face but if she could do good to find me a dress that looked this good, I trusted her with my life.
"Bleu, you finished yet?" Amy yelled from behind the door.
"Give her a minute, Princess," Archie chuckled at her.
Great, now Archie was here. I wasn't afraid of Graham's brothers, but I hadn't been around many gorgeous men and now I was living in a whole house of them. So yes, they could be pretty intimidating.
"Coming," I said before I came out of the room.
All three of their faces, lit up as grins grew. Amy looked happy with her model, clapping and jumping a little as Archie and Allie laughed at her from their place on the bed.
"God, I should go into design," Amy groaned, "okay, your hair's fine, but let's get makeup on that face."
Before I knew it, I was being dragged into the bathroom again.
"Allie, you better make sure that Princess doesn't suffocate the little witch," Archie said in the other room which we could clearly hear.
"Hey, I heard that!" Amy yelled back at him, making chuckles erupted in the other room before Allie appeared.
"Sit down, Bleu," Amy said as she placed a bath stool by the sink.
I did as she asked before she opened the cabinet under the sink and pulled out three bags of makeup.
"Oh my," I gasped, my eyes doubling in their size.
"Oh, this is my small pack," she told me.
"Small pack? Where do you keep your big pack?" I asked.
"In a safe box, with about ten padlocks on it."
My mouth dropped, not allowing myself to believe her.
She giggled, taking out her foundation.
"I'm joking. God, you should have seen your face. Lift up your chin."
I did as she asked, closing my eyes as she started to brush my cheeks.
Before I could stop myself, I asked, "Where's Graham?"
Allie scoffed, "doin' his hair, probably."
"Really?" I asked.
"Yep, trust me Bleu. Graham will take longer to do his hair than three of us combined."
I nodded believing that. I honestly didn't mind, like Allie seemed to. Big manly guys like Callum and Malcolm and even Archie scared me. And though Graham had muscles and he was clearly stronger than me, his baby face features made him less scary than his older brothers.
"How long have you been here?" I asked Amy, as I felt a small pad on my eyelids.
"Just under two years," she told me, "I moved here a year after Liv did."
"And you stayed because of Archie?" I asked.
She scoffed, "Yeah, as if Archie would let me leave."
"I am in the next room!" Archie yelled.
"And like I was going to say!" Amy shouted back, "I had nothing in America. My sister moved here to be with Callum, I had lost my job, my boyfriend had just cheated on me, I needed a new start. I just didn't know that, that start was with a werewolf."
"Huh-hum," Archie coughed loudly, making Amy groan.
"See what I have to deal with. And if said werewolf would let me finish!" she yelled at him, "I would tell you that I can't live without Archie. Tried, failed miserably, long story short, I love Archie with all my heart."
"Aw," Archie said pleased, walking into the bathroom before wrapping his arms around her, "That's more like it."
She giggled, welcoming his small kisses to her neck. Without even realizing, the image of Graham doing that to me flooded my head. I couldn't stop it. I imaged his hot breath against my neck as if it was really happening. My heart raced at the thought making my hands shake. It was only now that I realized how much I wanted human contact from someone. And that human contact had to be from Graham.
"Bleu, earth to Bleu."
I blinked, awake at Allie's clicking. I returned to the bathroom to Amy's, Archie's and Allie's stares.
"Where did you go?" Allie asked with a little chuckle.
"Sorry," I groaned, "I just do that sometimes."
"Bleu, did you just burn your leg?"
I looked down at my thighs at Archie's question. My hand had been squeezed between my thighs and in my dream, I had burnt a hand print on my inner thigh.
"Whoa, whoa," Amy said, pulling from Archie's grip and reaching over to a hand towel.
She put it under the tap before she placed the towel to my thigh. I jumped at the cold wet touch, biting my lip to hold back the tears of embarrassment.
"I'm sorry, it just happens sometimes," I told them, not wanting them to be scared of my power.
"Allie, go get Graham," Archie asked her.
"No," she argued, "I'm pissed at him. I'm not goin' anywhere near him."
"Just do it."
"No!" I yelled, just as Allie stood, "Don't get him please."
Archie's mouth dropped to tell me something that probably went along the same lines as Graham will want to know, but he just sighed and nodded.
"Okay, fine, if you're sure."
I nodded, "I'll be fine."
I didn't know why I didn't want him to know. Whether it was because I didn't want him to think that I was so out of control of my magic that I would harm myself or because I didn't want him to know that I had burnt myself while thinking about him kissing me.
"Well, are you girls nearly ready?" Archie asked.
"I'll go get dressed now, are you sure you're okay?" Allie asked.
I nodded trying to master the best I'm fine smile. She did her best and gave me her own I'm glad face before she left the bathroom.
"What about you, Princess?" he asked.
"Once I'm done Bleu's face, I'll be five minutes."
He nodded, before he left the room as well.
"I'm sorry about that," Amy said, "It's the whole mate thing."
I frowned, "What do you mean?"
"Well, your Graham's mate so the others want to keep you safe. It's incredibly annoying and incredibly sweet at the same time."
I giggled, before Amy stood, taking the towel with her.
"Can you heal?" she asked, "Like werewolves?"
I shook my head, "No, but there's spells that I've learnt that will heal even the most deathly of wounds."
"So, can you heal your leg?"
At her question, I swallowed and looked down at my shaky leg.
Do it, I told myself. But I couldn't. I was too scared.
I shook my head, "Moira said that I won't be in control of my magic until Graham's mark me. And I don't think that's going to happen any time soon."
"Hey, I get it," Amy said, "I was not a fan of the whole, werewolf-marking-biting thing. It's probably what slowed Archie and me down the most. That and the fact that he was a total pig. But honestly, best decision I've ever made."
"Your situation was probably a lot less complicated than mine," I told her, remembering Harrison and the fact that I was supposed to be going back to Paris at the end of the two weeks.
"Maybe, but we've all been there. Granted, some of us had it easier than others. But at least you're going into it with open eyes. Liv and I had no idea about anything when we first met our mates. Tarna, well, that story's kind of reversed and complicated. But we all made the same decision to stay."
I frowned, not completely understanding what she meant. That was the second time that someone had said something about Malcolm's and Tarna's long, complicated love story. But like every other time before, I knew it was best not to ask questions.
"So your saying that fighting it is a loss cause?" I asked, reading between the lines.
"I don't know Bleu. But you can't argue with the facts. Three out of four mates are happily mark, one married, one with a baby on the way. Why shouldn't the fourth mate be the same?"