Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Bleu
I sat on the tiled floor of the double shower and allowed the warm water to fall on me. My eyes blinked to keep the water out of them as well as to keep Sleep away from me. I didn't want Graham to come in and have a shower with me. I didn't really want to be here. But it beat the cave and it beat Harrison too.
When my hands started to look like old people's hands, I knew it was time to get out.
My feet felt all tingly with my skin so tender and my head was in a fog.
I found a towel where Graham had told me and didn't even register that the wolf uses this towel to dry himself. Wrapping it around my body, I walked out into the bedroom.
It was a big room. A king-size bed was the centre of the room, leaning against the wall. Facing it was the fireplace on the opposite wall and a TV above that. A chest-of-draws sat by the window and held a cluster of things.
Just as I went to grab the clothes that was on the bed, the door opened.
"Hey, Bleu -."
"You said you would be back in an hour!" I yelled, gripping the towel tight around me, pulling it down so it didn't show my legs. But of course, it barely covered my butt.
A crooked grin spread on his face and I didn't know what he was enjoying more. The fact that he caught me in his towel naked or the fact that once again I was uncomfortable.
"I was gone an hour," he told me, looking me up and down.
"You lied to me!" I yelled in French, "You're just like everybody else! You're just like -."
"Bleu, I can't speak French," he reminded me.
"Get out!" I yelled in clear English.
"Only when you calm down," he told me.
My eyes narrowed, "how can I calm down? You purposely came in here to look at me."
"No, I came in here to purposely see if you were okay."
I took a step back, not wanting his words to have any sort of impact on me.
"I'll step outside then," he said with that crooked grin before he opened the door and walked out.
Not giving him a chance to catch me again, I got dressed faster than I ever had before.
My mind started to wonder where he had gotten the clothes from, knowing that they were female's and he was definitely not a female. Did this wolf have a girlfriend? I didn't know why that thought made my heart drop but I shook it away anyway.
"I'm done," I called out with a little scoff.
He returned with a smug look, looking me up and down once again.
Before I could stop myself, I said, "I hope your girlfriend is okay with me borrowin' her clothes."
He frowned, "girlfriend - oh, no, no. They're my sisters. And she's...fine with it."
I raised my eyebrows knowing that was a lie.
"What?" He asked, "She's fine with it."
"So I'm wearin' someone else's clothin' that I've never met, she doesn't know I'm wearin' them and that person also is a werewolf."
"What's wrong with werewolves?" He asked almost instantly.
I bit my lip, knowing that anything that I said would offend him.
"I just haven't had the best experiences with them," I admitted, playing with his doona.
"What do you mean?" He asked, walking over to me.
"I-I just -," before I knew it, he was beside me, his hand taking mine.
"Tell me about it," he asked, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear, his hot breath causing goosebumps to raise on the side of my neck.
"I-I can't," I shuttered, trying to contain my nerves.
God, a male was touching me! A male was touching me!
"Did they hurt you, at least tell me that?" He asked.
I frowned not understanding why he was so determined to know. Urgency was dripping from every word he spoke. He needed to know.
And just as his eyes turned gold, I realized why. Oh God, why he wanted to take me here, why he had taken me to the cave, why he had given me his bloody coat. My coven leader would tell us little ones as we grew up stories about werewolves mates. How their eyes would change to their wolf eyes and how it only took the scent for the wolf to know.
I was his mate.
"Oh god," I cried, backing away from him, cupping my hand over my mouth.
He frowned, frozen to his spot.
"I'm your mate," I cried.
If I thought Harrison would be hard to get away from than how hard would it be getting away from him. I didn't know much about werewolves but I knew that they would do anything to keep their mates.
"You said that you would take me back to France!" I yelled, finally snapping.
"No I didn't, I said that -."
"God, what difference does it make!" I yelled as the tears began to fall, "You were never goin' to take me back!"
He opened his mouth to tell me that I was wrong but closed it. I wasn't wrong.
Every minute I stayed here was every minute it got harder to leave. I couldn't stay here. I needed to get back to France, back to my coven.
"I can't say here," I told him, aiming for the door.
"You can't leave!" He yelled, snatching my arm, stopping every chance I had to escape, "do you have any idea how long it's taken me to find you. Do you know what I've done to convince myself that you didn't exist?"
"To convince you that your mate didn't exist," I corrected, "I'm not her."
"You are!" He yelled, "I've never been so sure of anythin' in my whole life."
"I'm not! I'm just a witch that ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time."
"Right place, right time," he corrected.
He said it so fast that I had to blink three times to even get it through my head.
"You're not listening to me."
"No, you're not listin' to me," he growled, pulling me close, "when it comes to women, I'm a lover, not a fighter. But for you, I'll fight like hell to keep you."
Again, I had to blink twice to even start to realize what he was saying. My heart raced and my hands became sweaty. Someone was telling me that they would fight for me? At the same time, that happy thought was masked with fear. He wanted to keep me. Like a prize that he had won.
"No!" I yelled, breaking out of his grip, "Do you know how many people have taken me? Has come after me because of who I am – what I am? And you're doing the same thing."
"I'm not. I don't care that you're a witch."
"No, but I'm your mate. I mean, that's the reason you took me here. Because you think you own me!"
I tried again to get to the door but he snatched my arm once again, keeping me in place.
"Give me two weeks," he growled against my neck.
Stay strong, Bleu I told myself, use your words.
"What?" I asked, turning in his grip.
"Give me two weeks. After that I'll take you back to your family."
I frowned, "Your joking right? I haven't seen my family in years, do you honestly think that I can wait another two weeks?"
"If I beg, maybe," he suggested making me take a step back, "Look, it's just two weeks. Fourteen days, simple. And then I'll take you back to France."
"You would do that?" I asked, not believing him, "Just like that."
"Aye, I would. Two weeks."
I bit my lip contemplating the idea. Just two weeks. Harrison wouldn't suspect that I would be living with another werewolf and perhaps Graham could protect me from him till I was back in France. It was only two weeks.
I nodded and he frowned.
"Wait, you're sayin' yes. You're goin' to stay?"
I nodded, not being able to say the words out loud.
"B-but I-I want no funny business," I warned him.
He frowned, "Funny business? You mean my charm?"
I nodded, "Y-you can't do that thing that you do."
Growing that grin, he took a step closer invading my personal space, "what thin'?"
"That thing," I told him, hitting his chest, "where you get really close and –?"
"Never known a woman who hates bein' close to me," he purred, taking three steps closer.
"Well, your mate does," I said, hitting his chest again.
He chuckled, finally backing away.
"Well, I'll take that as a good sign," he stated making me frown.
"What?"
"You said mate."
Oh crap.