Chapter 9 [REVENGE] | Not Worth It

Once I reach Jimin with after what felt like an endless walk, I stop right in front of him and look at him in the eyes. I was determined to get revenge on him.
          "Looks like your cute little protégée has chosen her own fate." he giggles, looking back at his men and grabs the back of my neck, leaning in for a kiss. I reject him and wrap my arms around him instead, holding him tightly "Oh well, I'll take it." he hugs me back and signals his men to release Hoseok.
          They throw him violently on the grass face first, his hand tied behind his back, Namjoon rushing to get him "You fought well Yoongi, I admire you, but I guess all of it ended up being a vain effort to keep h-" Jimin is cut off, my knife digging a deep hole into his back.
          His mouth reopens with drops of blood spurting out of it. He drops his gun and falls to the floor drawing the attention of his henchmen who quickly bring out their own guns, aiming straight for my head. Jimin is still conscious but is piteously crawling at my feet "You fuckin whore..." I look behind me, Yoongi and Namjoon both thunderstruck by what I just did.
          "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! GET HER!" Jimin uses the little energy he has left to command his men to subdue me. I back off but one of them grabs me by the neck, turning me around to choke me.
          "Don't fucking touch her!" Yoongi menacingly steps closer, Namjoon and Hoseok being frozen in the back, powerless. At this point I don't even know if Jimin is still alive, and honestly, I'm not in a good position to check, but I doubt he is after that.
          "Don't move or I execute her." I bring my hands up, holding onto his upper arm, desperately gasping for air, my windpipe crushed in his tightening embrace.
          "I SAID LET HER G-".
          The bullet goes right through his brain. Leaving a hole in his forehead and an unbearable deafening whistle in my ears. Three more gunshots. Now it's only me, in the middle of the field. Namjoon and Hoseok, guns out, astonished in front of the door "F-fuckin' asshole, always talks too much."
          I fall to my knees, facing his body, lifeless, his eyes still opened. Last thing I remember is being completely paralyzed, in shock.

I can't help myself, everytime I come here, I have to cry. I keep thinking that this is my fault. That if I hadn't done something this stupid he'd still be alive. If only Jimin have had shot me instead of him. It's all because of me, and these thoughts are gonna haunt me for long. Namjoon and Hoseok are by my sides, their heads down, wearing their black suit. They don't cry. They suffer quietly. Because one of us being pitiful is enough. I put down the flowers I brought right next to his tombstone. Revenge wasn't worth it.

Here lies
Min Yoon Gi
1993-2016