Chapter 1 | Out All Night

"Yeojin-ah!" I hear a voice calling for me from the opposite side of the house. I recognize it as being Min Yoongi's voice and lazily get up from my bed, nearly tripping on my own feet, and join him in the living room.
"Yeah?" I find him sitting on the sofa. I stare at him waiting for him to continue on what he wants to say.
"Ah, there you are (he gets up), Namjoon and I are gonna be out all night long, we have some business to do, don't forget to do your homework and ask Hoseok if you're hungry, he'll make you something to eat." he concludes, looking for his keys in the back pockets of his jeans.
"Just as usual huh?" I raise an eyebrow at him and cross my arms, pouting a bit.
"Don't be like that Yeojin, you know we're very busy people. It's been 6 years, you should be used to it by now." he's right, I've been here for 6 years now. 6 years since my mom left me...
"Ya! Don't think about it too much alright?" forcing me out of my thoughts, Yoongi rests his hand on the top of my head, stroking it gently, seeing that his reply brought back old memories that I desperately need to forget. Yoongi is always very caring towards me.
"I need to leave now, Namjoon is waiting for me in the car." with no more words he reaches for the door handle and leaves.

After a few attempts to do my homework I just give up and lay back on the carpet, stretching out my arms and legs. School really isn't my thing, even home-schooling. But Yoongi insisted that I still have a good education. It was very thoughtful of him but damn, I hate shool work and he knows it.
"Heyyyy" I call out for Hoseok who's in the kitchen leaning on his elbows against the counter, busy scrolling through random stuff on his phone.
"Yessss" he answers using the same annoying tone as I did.
"Can we order pizza?" I pout my lips at him when his eyes meet mine.
"Why would we order pizza when I can make you delicious food myself?"
"Well, you're pretty bad at cooking and I'm planning on living a long life." I say in a sassy tone that I know he hates.
"Don't play with me like that young lady." Hoseok replies. I snort a bit at his comment.
"Come here, we're gonna eat together." he invites me to sit at one of the chair around the small table in the middle of the kitchen. I do so and join him.
"So, what do we have here?" he opens the fridge and inspects its content.
"There's nothing much in there, just leftovers." he sighs.
"Oh well, I don't mind." I answer getting up to grab the plate that is in the fridge.
"Hey! Don't think it's all yours, I'm hungry too!" he protests.
"Don't whine, I'll share." I laugh and throw the plate in the microwave.
"I'm older than you, respect me." he grabs my jaw playfully and presses his fingers together, making my lips pout.
"Be a good girl will you? Just because Yoongi isn't here doesn't mean you can rule this place." he says laughing.
After eating, time flies by pretty fast and it is now already 10pm.
"You should go to sleep, you know Yoongi doesn't want you to stay up too late." Hoseok says, his back towards me, doing the dishes.
"He also wants me to do my homework but you know..." I grin at him even though I know he can't see me.
"Can I watch the TV a bit please?" I whine.
"Ugh, okay, but you better be sleeping before midnight." he firmly points his finger at me to accentuate his warning. I whisper a yes of victory and make my way to the couch.

It is 1:42am and the TV is still on, but my eyes are tightly shut, deeply asleep. The loud noises wake Hoseok up and he goes down the stairs to find me asleep on the couch. He grabs the remote control and turns off the TV. I then starts to mutter incoherent words in my sleep, bringing his attention. My words become clearer after a few seconds.
"Mom...don't...leave...me...no...don't...don't...please..."
Hoseok instantly comes to sit next to me and pulls my head onto his laps holding me close and comforting me. I clench my fist around his shirt and keep on mumbling for 10 long and endless minutes.

At 5am Yoongi and Namjoon both get back home. I wake up from the sound of keys and a door closing. I groan a little, still in Hoseok's arms. I raise my gaze and find him asleep, his plump lips slightly parted.
"Hoseok..." I gently shake him and he wakes up with a deep breath.
"Oh, Yeojin, you're awake?" he turns slowly his head towards the entrance, noticing who just got into the house.
"C'mon, I'll take you to your room."
"Just stay here Hoseok, I'll take care of her." Yoongi cuts him off and sits him back down by pressing his shoulders. He picks me up and I rest my head against his chest, enjoying the smell of the cologne he wears everyday.

He softly sets me down on my bed and covers me up with my blanket. He kisses my forehead and starts making his way to the door when I grab his wrist.
"Hey, can you stay with me a little bit longer, please?" I ask, my eyes closed, too tired to lift my eyelids, but this time, completely aware of what I'm doing.
"Anything." he lays down next to me, facing me and begins to rub my back as I slowly drift back to sleep.