Rainbow flag

Laurens pov-

Waking up to my stupid alarm I let out a big groan as I rolled over and hit the top of my alarm. Stupidly my nail caught the side and chipped, "uurrggg" I complained as I sat upright and inspected my nails, they were fairly short but now their gonna look uneven. Absolutely brilliant.

Throwing on some ripped skinny jeans and a grey Nike hoodie I made my way into my bathroom, my long black locks hung either side of my face, putting my hands through either side of my hair I ruffled it by the roots and made a face in the mirror. I looked good today, without bothering with make up I quickly brushed my teeth and walked downstairs.

I needed to sort out my nail, rummaging in the kitchen draws I jumped when i heard a familiar voice,

"What do you think your doing!" Oh shit that's my mum, turning around quickly with scissors in my hand "nothing" I said quickly, lowering the scissors. A quizzed look crossed her face but she quickly passed it off. Walking over to the fridge and picking out some Greek yogurt she sat at the kitchen table digging into her breakfast. Unsure if I should move or not I started to work on my broken nail.

"You know Lauren, your a pretty girl" Clara began, not looking up, smiling at the compliment I was about to answer when-

"You don't need to make yourself appear like something else" oh great here we go...

"I brought you up with dresses and skirts -" "mom I wear them! I do!"

"Lauren I know your like girls. I won t stand for it, you dress like some big gay in those oversized hoodies it's ridiculous. I don't know where I went wrong, and now look at you, cutting your nails to the nail bed , do you want guys to find you attractive?"

Her words hit hard, this was my own mother telling me I'm not good enough to be honest I don't know how to go on with all this, sometimes I just feel so alone in this, at school camila is homophobic but I always find myself defending her, I mean she did tell me why she was so homophobic but then yesterday... I don't know what happened. And even in my own home I have to fake smiles and fake emotions when all I want to do is break down.

"Maybe I don't want guys to find me attractive" I said grabbing my bag and slamming the door.
_

Walking into the vast open school building a sinking feeling came into my stomach as I remembered me and camila had lockers next to each other, maybe if I just walk around for a little bit-
"Jauregui" someone called behind me, turning around a saw Normani and her girlfriend Charlotte hand in hand, man I wish I had a relationship like that. They were so cute.

"Hey guys" I smiled brightly, these too just made me feel so happy, even though I miss my old school and friends I did love this open atmosphere of being who you want to be.
"You okay?" Charlotte asked, already making her way over to my locker, looks like I'm not dodging camila this morning. "Yeah I'm great" I said opening my locker. Normani squinted at me as she kissed charlottes cheek, "something's up" she stated. Okay this girl is good.

Rolling my eyes I shook my head, "I'm just shocked about the whole camila thing" I admitted not revealing what happened with my mum this morning. "She will come around just give her time" Normani said, her long curly hair suited her so well and her flawless skin made her look like some supermodel, feeling a little self conscious I averted my eyes to the floor, "how can you defend someone whose been nothing but horrible to you?" I questioned whilst closing my locker and turning back to face her, Normani just shook her head and sighed, "you didn't know her before, she was always good to me, even now there are spots of the old camila I used to know, I'm not letting that go, not yet" she looked away and a distant look crossed her face as if she was remembering a memory"