The weekend

Camila's pov-

"Because I'm gay Lauren" I whispered, I had no idea I would say that or in fact that we would kiss but omg am I glad that happened. Her lips were soft and gentle against mine it was just magical. One thing I noticed today though was how considerable lauren was being to my feelings, she listened to me when I talked about my family's accident and she let me take my time to explain myself. No one had ever done that before.

Taking in Laurens reaction to my confession I studied her features, her green eyes gazed into mine, at first she was motionless just staring at me but something played in her eyes I hadn't seen before until a small smile played on her lips. Part of me thought she was going to kiss me, I wouldn't mind of course but when she didn't I couldn't help but feel a tad disappointed. "I know how hard that must of been to tell me" Lauren said seriously, I smiled and looked back out to the ocean but Laurens fingers hooked under my chin making me look at her, "I promise you I won't say anything to anyone, I won't mention it again until you are ready, okay?" . I grinned and bit my lip gently "okay" I finalized.

Lauren drove us back to school even though I insisted I should drive because of her hand, she wasn't having any of it though. The car journey back to school was quiet but not the awkward type, I dropped the occasional sarcastic comment about her driving skills of course but I found that we couldn't keep our eyes off of each other. So the whole journey consisted of small smiles and giggles, I did learn one thing though, I would do anything to make sure that Laurens laugh would always be heard.

Parking the car we unbuckled our seatbelts I jumped out the rover but as I was about to close the door lauren called "uh Camz" she said uncertainty lacing her voice. My heart flipped when she called me 'camz' I like it. "Yep" I replied popping the 'p' , "I can't get out" she answered holding up her bandaged hand. So she can drive a car but she can't get out of it? Typical. Laughing I closed the door and walked around the front of the bonnet to Laurens side, opening the door I stood in the way and cocked an eyebrow "camz?" I questioned, my heart beat rapidly increasing as Laurens eyes locked with mine, it felt like her emotions poured into me every time we locked eyes.
Lauren leaned down towards me whoa is she gonna kiss me? Omg don't you dare move. I mentally told myself. As our faces were inches apart, my breathe hitched as I felt her warm minty breathe on my skin sending tingles up my arms, but then lauren ruined the moment my jumping out the rover landing literally in front of me that our noses touched, with a chuckle she side stepped out the way "c'mon camz" lauren called, walking towards school. Oh damn this girl is gonna be the death of me.
-
Arriving in school, Lauren made her way to her maths and I went to chemistry, I hated chemistry but my mind was constantly thinking of lauren. I thought I'd see her at lunch which actually I did see her but she was with Normani and as long as Normani was concerned I was still homophobic and hating on her. So I spent lunch with dinah, "seriously mila" Dinah huffed taking a handful of chips from my plate, "what!" I raised my voice and swatting her hand away. "What do you keep looking at?" Dinah demanded suddenly looking behind her to see Normani and Lauren deep in conversation by the second popular group. Of course my group were the most popular but Kristin was outside with the group and I made Dinah stay indoors purely because I felt a need to be near lauren.

"Oh no Camila don't you dare think of doing anything stupid I actually like them both" Dinah said giving me her warning look. What did she mean by that? "What are you talking about I'm not going to do anything why would you even say that?" I snapped suddenly feeling defensive and angry. Dinah noticed this and held my arm "you can just be homophobic sometimes and it's making it difficult to be friends with you both." Dinah spoke honestly. Looking over at Lauren again I noticed her talking to Scarlett who was definitely being too friendly, Scarlett was thinner then me and prettier, I looked down suddenly feeling insecure. "Mi-" Dinah began, "No! I'm not gonna do anything Dinah, you know I had my reasons! I was only looking, Jesus Christ" I yelled, people around us stared as I walked away, I saw lauren look over out the corner of my eye but I was already out the doors to the school field.