Cabello

Camila's POV.

Getting up is literally the worst part of my day, it's 6:40 and I have to leave in half an hour for school....great. Looking in the mirror I smack my lips together making my lip gloss smooth over, and run my hands through my long curly hair, the brown orbs that stare back at me don't feel like mine anymore; my eyes have lost the sparkle they once had ever since the accident...shaking my head from the memories I look a final time in the mirror and a smirk plasters my face as I see the ice in my eyes. This is the new me.

I stroll downstairs not caring about the time, but see kristin,my cousin with her tongue down some guys throat. Wtf?? Walking over to flip the kettle on I turn around, my hands holding onto the counter "sup bitch" I call out making the two jump away from each other. Kristins face blushed heavily but she quickly sent me a death glare, I chuckled slightly but it disappeared as I saw the guy she was with, Tom. Tom has been trying to get with me for months, sending me gifts and flowers, all of which I sent back and now he's here with his tongue down my cousins throat, I mean sure move on but not to my freakin cousin.

"Camila!" Kristin shouted snapping me back to reality, I look up to see two worried faces, "what?" I snapped defensively, turning around to pour my coffee into a takeaway mug. Grabbing my coffee I walk past kristin who grabbed my arm spinning me around, "are you okay, how are you feeling?" She fussed, I rolled my eyes and pulled away, "I'm not" I said as I left the house, slamming the door.

-
Parking my luxurious range rover, one of the few things I have from my parent's death, I let out a deep sigh as I made my way into the school. It was modern and all the 'rich' kids came here. Walking in I had the usual countless stares, I made my way to my group who all immediately acknowledged me, "hey mila, where's kristin?" Dinah said pulling me into a hug, Dinah was someone who I trusted with my life, she was my best friend, she was the only one who knew about my family. "Hey, she's with Tom and probably won't have to do PE " I said shaking my head slightly at how stupid my cousin really is. Dinah furrowed her eyebrows "what do you mean?" She questiones, "she may strain her mouth by the amount of tongue exercises she's doing with Tom" I said casually, dinahs eyes widened but she shook her head laughing "omg she must of been high", Tom was only going to use her, he would literally go out with anything with a pulse, sure he was good looking and kind but the only place he belongs is in the friend zone.

An arm slipped around my waist and I immediately tensed up, whoever this bitch is I'm gonna punch, I turned to see ally and regretted my previous thoughts "c'mon Mila we have food" ally hummed, somehow she was always happy, I said goodbyes and walked to food with ally, I turned to look down the corridor before entering the classroom and locked eyes with Kristin who was...making out with a girl?? What?

My mind swarmed with thoughts as I tried mixing this stupid recipie for brownies. My cousin is not gay. She can't be, she's confused, I'm not having some lesbian live in my house, maybe it was a dare. "Mila" someone called, I looked up with eyes to kill and noticed I was looking at ally "yes" I said holding the word out not caring if I came across rude, ally looked down nervously "you haven't added the mix, your just stiring flour" she replied. Oh shit, damn I'm an idiot, "oh thank you, I'm sorry I didnt mean to seem...you know" I apologized. She smiled and walked away, I added the mixture thinking that she left but a pair of arms snaked around me and I felt her breathe against my ear "it's okay, whenever you want to talk I'm here" she whispered and peeled herself off as I began to tense up.

When the class put their dishes into the ovens, our teacher Mr Michaels cleared his throat "right class you may all collect your brownies at the end of the day, if you don't collect them then they will be binned" I turned to grab my bag but saw ally with a shocked expression, "what's wrong?" I questioned, ally turned to me "but that would be a waste of baking" she replied seeming somewhat upset, "well maybe you could collect them all" I joked although she seemed to take me seriously as her face lightened up and she skipped away outside the classroom, I walked on after her but as soon as I saw Kristin I stopped and walked the other way, "Mila" she called but I quickly merged into the crowd of people making sure she wouldn't see me.

-
The rest of the day went by pretty quickly, I had one lesson left, art. I LOVED art, yeah I wasn't great but being able to express myself in a way where I wouldn't need to talk about my feelings was just one of the best feelings and biggest stress relievers ever since the accident. I can't remember the last time I was happy to wake up or do something. It's almost like I'm disappointed to be alive every single day, but art changed that it allowed me to face my pain and confront it although I've never quite managed to accept it.

Entering art everyone had already taken their seats and as always my table was at the back, Kristin and Dinah were already there and people were swarming them as if they were celebrities and of course no one took my seat they know all too well that seat is mine. I hated people thinking I was above them I'm not we are all the same although this person I'm having to be is the best mask I have, without it I can only get hurt again, I promised myself I'd never feel the pain again, "move out my way bitches this is my table" I called and just like that everyone left, some smiled, some apologized I just started ahead. "Whoa calm it kermit" Dinah muttered, "language Camila how many times" Mr Walter shouted, urrgg what is it with people today, I turned around and cocked an eyebrow "my middle finger salutes you" I replied coldly. Mr Walter was the only teacher that knew I was going through something, while the whole class gasped or looked away knowing this is how I was now, some even laughed and cheered, Mr Walter gave me a sympathetic look and whispered "warning cabello".

20 minutes into my drawing of a rose I felt a sharp pain throb through my leg "oww fuck" I cursed quietly, feeling bad for my previous actions.

Dinah look at me confused "what is it" but Kristin was already there "what was that?" She questioned, oh great I'm about to have an interrogation,marvellous. I rolled my eyes "what was what?" I asked already starting to feel anger build up inside of me.

Giving me an intense stare Kristin spoke,"you Mila whatever is going on snap out of it, everyone's asking me why you've suddenly gone all cold, I'm trying to be here for you, stop pushing me away" she hissed across the table. I felt sparks ignite through my whole body, my blood replaced with anger running through my system, this bitch had the nerve "fuck you, your not there for me, your always sticking your tongue down some guys throat or should I say girls" I snapped back.

People stared at our table and Dinah gave me an intense death glare I almost felt sorry...almost, kristins face heated up and she walked to the sink pretending to clean her pallet, through all the commotion I didn't even realize someone had entered the classroom. I began to draw on my rose but Dinah nudged the table and my pencil scribbled across my drawing, I gasped and couldn't contain my anger "what was that for?" I hissed through gritted teeth, Kristin came to sit down and locked eyes with me "you shouldn't have done what you did" Dinah said, Kristin gave me pleaded eyes "you need to let me explain cam please" she said desperately.

This was it I'm so done with all the bullshit, thoughts raced in my brain and I became light headed "cam" Dinah called worridly but her voice was drowned out, I stood up and nearly fell backwards, the class seemed to have their focus on something, I could hear talking but it was all so faint. Turning to leave I came face to face with the person they were all focused on, the girl, the new girl.

"Hi my name's lauren jauregui" she said, it wasn't to me it was to the class but as our eyes locked, I new sensation took over and I was suddenly calm.

I broke the gaze and left in a hurry, I heard my name being called but I ignored it, I raced out of the school and sat in my car, emotions surged through me and before i knew it I felt tears stain my cheeks. I leaned my head back and tried to cool down but the tears kept falling. Why am I so broken? And with that thought, my eyes rolled back and I fell into blackness.