Chapter Six: Karma's a bitch

It's been three days since the display and I haven't seen James at all, and Colton seems to be avoiding me as well. Anyway, it was finally Friday which meant it was the day of Daniel's party, which I was currently getting ready for.

"Grrr!" I practically growled as I threw down yet another dress, I swear I've been through most of my closet and I still haven't found anything. Victoria came over and rubbed my back soothingly. Yes, I know what you're thinking, 'what's she doing here? Wasn't she the one James cheated with?'. Yes, yes she is, but part of the plan was to pretend I had no idea that he cheated. I caught Cherry rolling her eyes at Victoria's actions in the mirror. Cherry knew everything about the plan and had also suggested getting ready for the party together, so here we all are. Victoria strolled over into my closet, and emerged with a long sleeved black sparkly dress.

"What about this one?" She asked and I immediately brightened up, I'd completely forgotten I owned that dress. Cherry squealed,

"It's perfect!" She stated clapping happily, snatching the material from Victoria and skipping over to me. We both ignored Victoria's glares, chatting happily as she helped me into the short dress. I helped Cherry with her makeup and she returned the favour by curling my hair as I put the finishing touches to my eyebrows. We all continued getting ready in silence, each concentrating on themselves for the moment.

"So, why did you cheat on James?" Victoria asked, breaking the silence. I saw Cherry's eyes narrow into slits but I shook my head at her telling her I'd deal with it. "He's a really good guy you know, you shouldn't have done that to him." I turned to look at her attempting to hide to look of pure disbelief I was feeling from showing on my face.

"there just wasn't a spark anymore." I stated bluntly, shrugging my shoulders and turning back to the mirror.

"Besides, we both had a feeling he was sneaking around with some slut behind your back anyway, didn't we?" Cherry chimed in sending a sickly sweet smile to Victoria who just frowned.

"James isn't the kind to go for sluts." She snapped back, losing her cool for a minute. Cherry and I scoffed quietly to each other, covering it with a cough. I looked at Cherry in the mirror smiling.

"Nah, I could always smell cheap perfume on him and sometimes there was shitty lipstick on his collar." I told her, watching closely for her reaction.

"What a skank." Cheery added, pretending to gag. Victoria opened her mouth to speak but clearly decided better of it as she kept it closed.

"You know, you seem awfully defensive about it Tori, do you know something we don't?" Cherry asked, feigning ignorance, Victoria shook her head and laughed off the accusation, shooting daggers at Cherry when she thought I wasn't looking. I rolled my eyes, she was such a fake bitch it was unreal.

"Well would you look at the time! Time for us to go Tori, Colton will be here any minute to pick up Rachel." Cherry exclaimed, ushering an irritated Victoria out of the room. I flashed her a grateful smile as she left the room.

Giving myself a final once over in the mirror, I took a deep breath, smoothing out my dress, before heading downstairs to where Zac was waiting for me. As soon as he caught sight of what I was wearing he shook his head furiously.

"Nuh uh! You are not wearing that." He fumed, clearly noting the length of the dress. I rolled my eyes at his protective nature.

"Zac, you cant tell me what I can and cant wear, plus Colton will be here any minute to pick us up so I don't have time to change." As if on queue a car horn coming from outside echoed through the house.

"Well, that's us." I laughed slipping my phone into my bra and skipping out of the house. I called shotgun so slid into the front passenger seat while Zac begrudgingly got into the back.