Chapter 13: Reunion

Song; TVXQ: Apology

Okay, you can yell at me. I'm such a terrible author for not uploading a chapter for 2 weeks and and 3 days. (Yeah, I counted.)

So here's my apology~
(TVXQ reference by the way ;))

Author's POV

The two of them were trembling in the other's arms. Both were standing near to the unconscious individual as they kept repeating,

"Please, wake up.."

As they continued chanting these words, the door had opened, showing a very grim doctor.

Taehyung, the first to speak up, went to grabthe doctor's tie, clenching it in his fist.

"What's wrong with him?!", Taehyung shrieked in tears.

"Taehyung!", Halmeoni scolded the young boy, but the latter ignored her, needing to know what's wrong with the person that gives him so much happiness in his life.

"I will tell you if you can kindly let go of my tie.", the doctor said.

Taehyung released the man's tie, taking a few steps back before he actually pounces on him.

The doctor cleared his throat, smoothing down his sides. He took a step towards the bed, briefly glancing at Halmeoni. He then looked back a Taehyung, his gaze lingering a bit longer until he spoke,

"He's fine."

This caused Halmeoni to whimper, Taehyung immediately going to her in response. The doctor raised his eyebrows at the two. He crossed his arms after setting his clipboard down on the bed besides the patient's feet.

"The glass had fortunately didn't reach his lungs. It's impressively how the glass had struck;it should've damaged his lungs."

"Excuse me?", Taehyung gave the doctor a piercing gaze.

The latter chuckled, waving his hands dismissively,
"I'm saying that when having an impact like that, there was no way it could've missed it, but miraculously it did."

"It sure as hell did.", Taehyung retorted, making Halmeoni furrow her eyebrows at the sudden aggression.

"What about his- his problem?", Halmeoni quietly said.

The doctor had stiffened.

"What problem, Halmeoni?", Taehyung curiously asked.

Halmeoni smiled sadly at the young boy, squeezing his arms in comfort,
"Tae, I need a word with the doctor, alone."

"But Hal-"

"Let's not start any trouble young man.", the doctor intervened.

Taehyung pleadingly looked at Halmeoni, then immediately changing his gaze to a snarl at the doctor. Taehyung unwrapped his arms from Halmeoni, mumbling,

"Call me if something happens."

The latter gave a curt nod, then directing her attention back at the doctor.