Chapter 1: Hide and Seek

Song: BTS: Dead Leaves

Hey.

Jimin's POV

"I found my motivation, hyung."

I didn't think that I would ever have those words come out my mouth. Now, here I am..waiting for that motivation to come back. It's been three days..I think, since I last seen him.

After the little incident of the chamomile tea, Jin hyung sat down with me and started asking so many questions. I couldn't tell if he was concerned or excited about myself finding something that interests me. I kept describing about him, but hyung still thinks he's an eleven year old kid.

I eventually grew perturbed about that, so I stopped answering questions and left Jin hyung alone.

Though, I didn't stop coming to the cafe. I wanted to see him again. It has been a while, but I never lost hope. I wanted to be able to talk to him, laugh with him, and take care of him.

After seeing the bruises on his face, I became so worried, I wanted to be there for him. Still, the question rings in my head,

"How can you take care of someone, if they're not there with you, let alone even know who they are?"

"Jiminnie, can you please put those books up?"

I snapped from my thoughts to see the owner of the library looking at me. I bowed slightly with an awkward smile.

"Sorry, halmeoni..", I said apologetically.

My halmeoni owns the library. Ever since I was a kid, she had me taking trips with her to the library to help out. I started to get used to it, and now I practically own the library myself, since my halmeoni can't do much because of her weakened strength.

Halmeoni walked up to me with a slight smile and patted me on the shoulder.

"Are you okay, Jiminnie?", she asked.

She's the only one who always called me that.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just thinking about some things..", I reassured her.

She nodded her head and opened her mouth to say,

"You can leave Jimin, there are other workers here. Just close up for me at night, since I'll be out before then.", she smiled and gave my hands a squeeze before leaving me alone in the book aisle.

I pouted slightly and put up my last book up before grabbing my shoulder bag from the cart and dashed out the library. I hated leaving my halmeoni alone, but I can trust the workers there. I know they will take care of her.

Thank god, the "Pink Cafe" isn't far. It was only across the street parallel from the library. I skipped slightly across the street once the pedestrians were allowed to walk. I quickly made it to the front doors of the cafe, and looked at myself through the reflection on the bright pink front doors. I had on a green plaid long sleeved shirt, black shorts, and black and white Puma shoes. I tried to look my best just in case he comes back.

I ruffled my orange hair a bit before seeing people in the cafe looking at me weirdly.

I blushed, immediately stopping my actions and entered the cafe. I looked around for my open seat and I smiled. I walked over to my seat and spotted a marble white cup on a pink plate covered with a napkin. I took off my shoulder bag and got settled in my seat. I could already smell the drink from the cup.