Chapter 6: Ambivalence from Happiness

Song; Jungkook: Lost Stars

Ooo, look at me using confusing words I have no idea what it means until I search it up on Google.

Jimin's POV

"Do you have your bag, Jimin?", Jin hyung asked.

I raised up my shoulder bag from my neck, to show hyung that I had retrieved it from the cafe. Hyung nodded at me and smiled.

It was finally closing time after a long day of endless customers coming in.

I guess I don't blame them; Pink Cafe isn't open on Sundays, so our customers seem to like to get the last of our treats before it closes.

I wish they would understand that Jin hyung and I need a break too, along with the other workers.

I stretched out my arms, yawning for the millionth time today, but accidentally had hit something or someone. I looked to see what it was, but it was just Jungkook who was now looking at me with a hooded glare.

"Are you okay?", I asked.

He nodded hesitantly; I guess he's still shocked from earlier. I had to take a break earlier than my usual one because he wouldn't stop crying. I really wonder what happened and why he was so soft and kid-like.

I patted his back and rubbed circles into it.

Then, I noticed Jin hyung starting to walk towards us, smiling, but I caught him slightly eyeing Jungkook.

"Alright, Chim, you're free to go now.", hyung smiling teasingly.

I froze in my spot and I felt heat coming up to my cheeks. I could hear hyung laughing out loudly and Jungkook quietly chuckling.

"YAH!", I threatened to hit hyung.

"'YAH!'", Jin hyung mocked me.

I pouted, feeling weak in this situation, but fortunately hyung took notice of this and stopped laughing. He ruffled my hair and started to leave.

I watched Jin hyung walk away and pouted,

"HYUNG!", I shouted after him.

He still kept laughing and waved me away.

I looked back at Jungkook who was still laughing. I huffed and and started to walk away from him.

"W-wait! Wait f-for me!", Jungkook struggled to say, while laughing.

I started to walk faster, but then Jungkook came up behind me and grabbed my hand into his. I looked at him, shocked.

"I said, wait for me.", he said seriously.

I nodded feverishly, feeling a little uncomfortable from the skinship.

I unhooked my hand from his, and I could have sworn I saw him frown, but I wasn't sure, so I ignored it.

My eyes brightened up, realizing I could see the 'Town of Life', once again.

I looked up at Jungkook, who beginning to become very silent. I shook his shoulder and exclaimed,

"C'mon, I know a place we can go to!", trying to lighten up the situation.

I saw his mode shift up and started running towards the 'Field of Flowers', hearing Jungkook only a few feet from behind.

*****

Jungkook's POV

Jimin had finally stopped running when we arrived at some park that was filled with many flowers. I think this was the same place where Jimin had found me. I seriously thought at that night, I was going to die. Though, Jimin had changed that horrific future for me, by taking me in.