Chapter 5

Levis POV

The mall, it had to be the mall. After all we went through, we had to go here to find eren? "Come on" armin says and motions for me to follow him. I nod and follow him in to a pet store? "Why are we here?" I ask "well, if you have a pet you have a lot of stuff to buy, eren might me here with his owner" he explains. He has a point, but what are the odds that Eren's owner came to this pet shop. "What if she's not here?" I ask "then we'll go look somewhere else" he says "split up, maybe one of us can find him" he adds. I nod and go off in another direction. I hope we don't get caught, or worse, lost.

I kept looking around, not really finding a point in this. It felt like we were just waisting time, and daylight. We were on our own now, where were we gonna sleep? But, it is better here than at that lab. I sighed with defeat as I was walking to the last aisle, eren wasn't here. As I turned the corner, a girl with a red scarf and black hair was looking around, and in the basket was..Eren! He was happily wagging his tail, and a leash was connected to his collar. I found him! He was here, as I was about to approach him, a leash connected to my neck and I was pulled back.

I fell back and hit my head on the floor. I looked up to see a man, holding a stick that connected to the leash, that was holding me down on the floor, hard. The man pulled me and tossed me in a crate; I shook my head as my ears twitched in pain, I looked around frantically for armin, but I didn't see him. That is until, they lifted my crate, and I saw him with eren, eren looked excited, his eyes shimmering with hope, they went the other direction. Probably to look for me, but I knew where I was going.
I was heading towards the pound.

~

Eren's POV

Mikasa had to buy some things at the mall and decided to take me with her. I was excited because I've never been to the mall, once she bought everything, she said we can buy some treats for me at a pet shop. The pet shop brought some unwanted memories but I didn't want mikasa to see me sad, so kept i smile on my face. She placed me in the basket and began looking through some things, as I stayed in the basket, I saw something heading towards me, and I felt like, levi was close, but how?

I focuses on the thing heading towards me, and realized. It was armin! I jumped out of the basket and walked a bit closer, as far as the leash would let me. Armin came up to me and hugged me, I hugged back. "Armin? What are you doing here? You got adopted too?" I asked "sort of, look, I'll explain later, but Levis here" he says, I smile brightly. "Levi was here?" "Where is he?" I ask "let's go look" he says. I looked up at mikasa and untied the leash from the basket and followed armin.

We looked in every asile but we didn't find levi. "He was here" afmin says. I sigh, "its ok armin, look where are you staying now?" I ask "well, we got adopted by this crazy lady, me and levi, they did things to us at the lab and well, we escaped. Levi wouldn't stop looking for you" he explains. Lab? Armin had red splotches on his face and arms, did they make him sick? Was levi ok? "Come with me" I say and pull armin towards mikasa.
I tugged on her pant leg, and she looked down at me, then crouched down "what is it?" She asks.

"This is my friend armin, he's been through a lot, is it ok if we tale him home?" I ask "hmm" she hums, thinking. She looks over at armin, as armin backs up a little behind me "are you sick?" She asks, noticing the red spots "I..I don't know" armin says in a scared voice. She smiled gently "sure, let's take him to the vet first though" she says, I nod and smile, hugging armin. I at least had one friend back, all I wish was for levi to be here. Wherever he was, I hope he's ok..