Is that vampire i smell?

What frights yon raven 'mid the pines so dark,
The pines so silent and so dark around,
With ne'er accomplish'd circlings to the ground
Ruffling his wings so ragged and so stark?
Some half-dead victim haply hath he found.

No place in sound,
No bird, no beast

I sighed as I twirled a strand of lavender hair around my finger as I read, content to be all alone in the library with a book in my lap. I noticed my son and Sebastian had left me alone in the library which I was fine with, I didn't want them to see me cry over poems anyways.

I was never the one to cry over things but sometimes, beautiful words made me tear up as the words moved me in a way. The words made me feel some way and they connected with me. I've always loved poetry, my father loved to write and would always write about me and my mother.

Suddenly I sprang up from the chaise, the book falling to the floor. I raced towards the door, Ichiru should be up! With a grin, I flung the door open and raced through the hall.

"Sebastian!" I yelled loudly, my short legs carrying me through the manor as I looked for the demon butler and the young Earl. "Ciel!"

Huffing, I ran towards the boy's study. I slammed my hands against the large door before pushing it open, entering without asking for permission. Eagerly, I ran in front of the large desk in front of the window. I grinned as I bounced on my feet, clapping my hands together in front of me. "Is Ichiru awake yet?!"

Both Ciel and Sebastian looked at me with wide eyes. It was the butler who shook himself out of his shock to answer me. With a smile, he nodded. "Yes, miss Kaja. In fact, if you'd be kind enough to turn around, you'll see him sitting right there."

Turning around, I squealed before erupting in sobs as I threw myself at the teenage boy sitting in the velvet chair in front of Ciel's desk. I cried as I wrapped my arms around my friend's shoulders, running my hands through his silver hair, wanting to make sure he was actually here. "I-Ichiru," I sniffled, pulling back to stare at his grinning face. His lavender eyes were watching me in amusement to which I playfully slapped his cheek before kissing his forehead. "I've missed you so much, dork."

Ichiru chuckled and pet my hair to which I happily nuzzled towards. "I was shocked when you disappeared right under my nose one night, your parents ordered for me to look around for you. I did, of course, but had no leads on you. It was a few weeks until this guy," he gestured towards the butler. "Showed up in my room and slapped his hand against my forehead after explaining that he knew where you were and you were safe."

I nodded, cuddling closer towards his body. I sighed in relief, clutching his coat tightly in my pale hands. As tears rolled down my cheeks, I still continued to smile. "Well I'm glad you're here. I have much to tell you!"

Ichiru nodded, opening his mouth to speak only for Sebastian's voice to over power his.

"Kaja, you are still indecent. You must change into proper clothes."

Rolling my eyes, I waved him off. "Oh it's fine, in our time, it's normal for girls and guys to wear their pyjamas around each other."

I turned my attention back on Ichiru, checking over him for any injuries. Once I deemed him fine enough, I stood by his chair, keeping a hand on his shoulder. "Ichiru, there is a problem...I know you've been protecting me and my parents are only people that also protect me. Rido and Kaname have found me in this era and I'm not sure how...they've awakened my memories."