ʏᴏᴜ ᴘ ᴏ ᴏ ʀ ʙᴏʏ

I sat in the grand Phantomhive library on the chaise, my legs crossed like a lady. On my lap lay a thick book that was full of fairy tales, I was beyond excited when I spotted it among the other books on the shelves. As I child, I enjoyed when my mother read to me and I always requested fairy tales; they were my favorite.

I wondered if Ciel loved fairy tales...of course he did, he did own this book. He was just a child after all...

Humming quietly under my breath as I read, I didn't notice the door opening to reveal the butler in the doorway with the young master at his side. I was too engaged into my stories that I did not even lift my head, I was too in tune with the elegant words written in cursive on the slightly yellowed and crinkled pages, my pale and slender finger following along.

"Miss Kaja," Sebastian's voice rang out, startling me to gasp as I shot up, the heavy book landing on the floor with a thump.

"S-Sebastian! Ciel!" I squeaked, quickly bowing as I picked the book up in my hands, blushing as I stood up straight, "I am terribly sorry, I didn't hear you enter. Is there something you need?"

The butler chuckled and nodded once, glancing down at the young boy next to him. "My master would like you to join him for dinner. We tried to find you in your room but you were not there. Have you been here for four hours already?"

I frowned and blushes brightly, shrugging my shoulders. "I guess so," I mumbled as I gestured to the books around me. "There's so many to read. I've already read three books so far."

"What are you reading now?" Ciel's boyish voice asked.

"Oh," I blinked. "I'm reading this book of fairy tales."

"Tch," Ciel scoffed. "Those are for children. You are a woman."

I frowned, gently placing the book down on the chaise with care. "Maybe," I smiled as I clasped my hands together in front of me. "Maybe they're for children but I am still a child myself. My mother read to me as a kid and I still love them."

Suddenly, I could see the hurt expression on the boy's face before it was replaced with a blank look. "I see. Come Kaja, Sebastian had prepared dinner for us."

I sighed and nodded, following the two men out of the library and down the long hallway.

Ciel sat at one end of the large table while I sat at the other end. No one spoke a word, not even Sebastian who stood behind Ciel's chair.

After twenty minutes of silence, I finally spoke up. "Mister Phantomhive, where are you parents? Are they away on business?"

I watched as Ciel's jaw clenched, his eye that was showing narrow at me. "My parents have passed, miss. It is just me of the Phantomhive family now."

I gasped and dropped the silverware as I brought my hands up to cover my mouth. "I am so sorry!" I instantly shot up from my chair, grabbing ahold of my skirts as I ran towards the child at the other end of the table. I crouched down and wrapped my arms around the bluenette, cradling his head against my bosom.

"You poor boy," I whispered sadly as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"W-Wha!" The young boy shouted with a blush, trying to push himself away from me. "Sebastian, get her away from me!"

The butler chuckled and bowed, "Yes, my Lord." The raven haired man gently wrapped his arms around my waist and began to pull me away.

I snapped my head around and frowned, tugging Ciel even closer. "No, I will not move. This boy deserves a motherly touch and you may be his butler but you're a man. Men do not understand how to care for children."

Sebastian looked stunned as he pulled his arms away, holding his hands up. "Master, I think it is best to let miss Kaja hold you...."

Ciel groaned but made no protest to pull away from me anymore to which I was glad. I nuzzled the boy's midnight hair and giggled, holding him tightly. "Are you done eating, Ciel? I would like to spend time with you before bed."

The young boy sighed and nodded. "Yes, I'm finished. Sebastian, clean up here."

"Yes ma-"

"No! We will help Sebastian clean up!" I grinned as I let go of the boy and stood up. "Come Ciel, you must learn how to look after yourself and clean after yourself."

"What?! That's absurd! I'm a noble!"

I rolled my light eyes and tugged the boy up, holding his hand in mine as I looped my arm through Sebastian's. "Lead the way, mister butler."

In the kitchen, it was a funny sight to watch the small boy help Sebastian wash the dinner plates and glasses. I stood off to the side to dry the plates they handed my way, grinning widely. It was hilarious to see Ciel's shirt wet with soapy water and Sebastian's amused smirk.

I cooed and walked over between the boys, smiling as I placed my hands on their backs. "A little messy but you're doing a good job. Isn't he, Sebastian?"

The man smiled and nodded, humming. "Yes young master, miss Kaja is correct, you're doing swell with the washing."

I glanced towards Sebastian with a grateful smile, knowing he notice the pale blush on Ciel's cheeks.

"Shut up." The boy mumbled and scoffed.

I continued to watch Ciel and his butler wash together, noticing how they both kept quiet. It was like the only time they spoke to each other was when Ciel gave orders to the taller man.

How sad, I thought, a young child who acted older beyond his years and was only being raised by a butler who rarely talked.

After drying the last dish, I grinned and clapped my hands. "Alright, Sebastian, prepare the boy for bed while I go and get dressed myself. I plan to read for us before bed!"

I didn't wait for replies, as I already began to skip out of the kitchen.